LTC1257 - Complete Single Supply 12-Bit Voltage Output DAC in SO-8
- 8-Pin SO Package
- Buffered Voltage Output
- Built-In 2.048V Reference
- 500µV/LSB with 2.048V Full Scale
- 1/2 LSB Max DNL Error
- Guaranteed 12-Bit Monotonic
- Three-Wire Cascadable Serial Interface
- Wide Single Supply Range: VCC = 4.75V to 15.75V
- Low Power: ICC Typ = 350µA with 5V Supply
DescriptionThe LTC1257 is a complete single supply, 12-bit voltage output D/A converter (DAC) in an SO-8 package. The LTC1257 includes an output buffer amplifier, 2.048V voltage reference and an easy to use three-wire cascadable serial interface. An external reference can be used to override the internal reference and extend the output voltage range to 12V. The power supply current is a low 350µA when operating from a 5V supply, making the LTC1257 ideal for battery-powered applications. The space-saving 8-pin SO package and operation with no external components provide the smallest 12-bit D/A system available.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Digital Offset/Gain Adjustment
- Industrial Process Control
- Automatic Test Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LTC1655 - 16-Bit Rail-to-Rail Micropower DACs in SO-8 Package
- LTM2883 - SPI/Digital or I2C μModule Isolator with Adjustable ±12.5V and 5V Regulated Power
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT6654 - Precision Wide Supply High Output Drive Low Noise Reference
- LTM2881 - Complete Isolated RS485/RS422 μModule Transceiver + Power
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LT3092 - 200mA 2-Terminal Programmable Current Source
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice IV - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!