LTC1153 - Auto-Reset Electronic Circuit Breaker
- Programmable Trip Delay: 15µs to >100ms
- Programmable Trip Current: 1mA to >20A
- Programmbale Auto-Reset Time: 1ms to >10 sec.
- 4.5V to 18V Supply Range
- Drives Low RDS(ON) N-Channel MOSFETs
- Status Output Indicates Fault Condition
- Thermal Trip with PTC Thermistor
- 8µA IQ in Standby Mode
- No External Charge Pump Capacitors
- Available in 8-Pin SOIC
DescriptionThe LTC1153 electronic circuit breaker drives a low cost N-channel MOSFET to interrupt power to a sensitive electronic load in the event of an over-current condition. The breaker remains tripped for a period of time set by an external timing capacitor and then is automatically reset. This cycle continues until the over-current condition is removed, protecting both the sensitive load and the MOSFET switch. The trip current, trip delay time and auto-reset period are programmable over a wide range to accommodate a variety of load impedances. An active high shut down input is also provided and interfaces directly to a PTC thermistor for thermal circuit breaking. An open-drain output is provided to report breaker status to the µP. TheLTC1153 is available in both 8-pin DIP and 8-pin SOIC packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Power Bus Circuit Breaker
- SCSI Termination Power Protection
- Regulator Over-Current Protection
- Battery Short-Circuit Protection
- DC Motor Stall Protection
- Sensitive System Power Interrupt
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4365 - Overvoltage, Undervoltage and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
- LTC4366 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LT4356-1 and LT4356-2 - Surge Stopper
- LTC4361-1/LTC4361-2 - Overvoltage/Overcurrent Protection Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT1910 - Protected High Side MOSFET Driver
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.