LTC1144 - Switched-Capacitor Wide Input Range Voltage Converter with Shutdown
- Wide Operating Supply Voltage Range: 2V to 18V
- Boost Pin (Pin 1) for Higher Switching Frequency
- Simple Conversion of 15V to –15V Supply
- Low Output Resistance: 120Ω Maximum
- Power Shutdown to 8μA with SHDN Pin
- Open Circuit Voltage Conversion Efficiency: 99.9% Typical
- Power Conversion Efficiency: 93% Typical
- Easy to Use
The LTC®1144 is a monolithic CMOS switched-capacitor voltage converter. It performs supply voltage conversion from positive to negative from an input range of 2V to 18V, resulting in complementary output voltages of –2V to –18V. Only two noncritical external capacitors are needed for the charge pump and charge reservoir functions.
The converter has an internal oscillator that can be overdriven by an external clock or slowed down when connected to a capacitor. The oscillator runs at a 10kHz frequency when unloaded. A higher frequency outside the audio band can also be obtained if the Boost Pin is tied to V+. The SHDN pin reduces supply current to 8μA and can be used to save power when the converter is not in use.
The LTC1144 contains an internal oscillator, divide-by- two, voltage level shifter, and four power MOSFETs. A special logic circuit will prevent the power N-channel switch substrate from turning on.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Conversion of 15V to ±15V Supplies
- Inexpensive Negative Supplies
- Data Acquisition Systems
- High Voltage Upgrade to LTC1044 or 7660
- Voltage Division and Multiplications
- Automotive Applications
- Battery Systems with Wall Adapter/Charger
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1054 - Switched-Capacitor Voltage Converter with Regulator
- LTC3260 - Low Noise Dual Supply Inverting Charge Pump
- LTC3261 - High Voltage, Low Quiescent Current Inverting Charge Pump
- LTC1044 - Switched Capacitor Voltage Converter
- LTC660 - 100mA CMOS Voltage Converter
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT3092 - 200mA 2-Terminal Programmable Current Source
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.