LTC1044A - 12V CMOS Voltage Converter
- 1.5V to 12V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- 13V Absolute Maximum Rating
- 200μA Maximum No Load Supply Current at 5V
- Boost Pin (Pin 1) for Higher Switching Frequency
- 97% Minimum Open Circuit Voltage Conversion Efficiency
- 95% Minimum Power Conversion Efficiency
- IS = 1.5μA with 5V Supply When OSC Pin = 0V or V+
- High Voltage Upgrade to ICL7660/LTC1044
The LTC®1044A is a monolithic CMOS switched-capacitor voltage converter. It plugs in for ICL7660/LTC1044 in applications where higher input voltage (up to 12V) is needed. The LTC1044A provides several conversion functions without using inductors. The input voltage can be inverted (VOUT = –VIN), doubled (VOUT = 2VIN), divided (VOUT = VIN/2) or multiplied (VOUT = ±nVIN).
To optimize performance in specific applications, a boost function is available to raise the internal oscillator frequency by a factor of seven. Smaller external capacitors can be used in higher frequency operation to save board space. The internal oscillator can also be disabled to save power. The supply current drops to 1.5μA at 5V input when the OSC pin is tied to GND or V+.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Conversion of 10V to ±10V Supplies
- Conversion of 5V to ±5V Supplies
- Precise Voltage Division: VOUT = VIN/2 ±20ppm
- Voltage Multiplication: VOUT = ±nVIN
- Supply Splitter: VOUT = ±VS/2
- Automotive Applications
- Battery Systems with 9V Wall Adapters/Chargers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC1044 - Switched Capacitor Voltage Converter
- LT1054 - Switched-Capacitor Voltage Converter with Regulator
- LTC1144 - Switched-Capacitor Wide Input Range Voltage Converter with Shutdown
- LTC3260 - Low Noise Dual Supply Inverting Charge Pump
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC660 - 100mA CMOS Voltage Converter
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC3261 - High Voltage, Low Quiescent Current Inverting Charge Pump
- LT1026 - Voltage Converter
- LTC1044S8 - Switched Capacitor Voltage Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.