LTC1044 - Switched Capacitor Voltage Converter
- Plug-In Compatible with 7660 with These Additional Features:
- Guaranteed Operation to 9V, with No External Diode, Over Full Temperature Range
- Boost Pin (Pin 1) for Higher Switching Frequency
- Lower Quiescent Power
- Efficient Voltage Doubler
- 200µA Max. No Load Supply Current at 5V
- 97% Min. Open Circuit Voltage Conversion Efficiency
- 95% Min. Power Conversion Efficiency
- Wide Operating Supply Voltage Range, 1.5V to 9V
- Easy to Use
- Commercial Device Guaranteed Over -40°C to 85°C Temperature Range
The LTC1044 provides several voltage conversion functions: the input voltage can be inverted (VOUT=-VIN), doubled (VOUT=2 VIN), divided (VOUT=VIN/2) or multiplied (VOUT=±nVIN). Designed to be pin-for-pin and functionally compatible with the popular 7660, the LTC1044 provides significant features and improvements over earlier 7660 designs. These improvements include: full 1.5V to 9V supply operation over the entire operating temperature range, without the need for external protection diodes; 21/2 times lower quiescent current for greater power conversion efficiency; and a "boost" function which is available to raise the internal oscillator frequency to optimize performance in specific applications. Although the LTC1044 provides significant design and performance advantages over the earlier 7660 device, it still maintains its compatibility with existing 7660 designs.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Conversion of +5V to ±5V Supplies
- Precise Voltage Division, VOUT=VIN/2±20ppm
- Voltage Multiplication, VOUT=±nVIN
- Supply Splitter, VOUT=±VS2
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1054 - Switched-Capacitor Voltage Converter with Regulator
- LTC660 - 100mA CMOS Voltage Converter
- LTC1144 - Switched-Capacitor Wide Input Range Voltage Converter with Shutdown
- LTC1044A - 12V CMOS Voltage Converter
- LTC1046 - Inductorless 5V to -5V Converter
- LT1026 - Voltage Converter
- LTC1044S8 - Switched Capacitor Voltage Converter
- LTC3260 - Low Noise Dual Supply Inverting Charge Pump
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV