LTC1042 - Window Comparator
- Micropower 1.5µW (1 Sample/Second)
- Wide Supply Range - 2.8V to 16V
- High Accuracy: Center Error ±1mV Max
Width Error ±0.15% Max
- Wide Input Voltage Range
V+ to Ground
- TTL Outputs with 5V Supply
- Two Independent Ground-Referred Control Inputs
- Small Size 8-Pin MiniDIP
The LTC1042 is a monolithic CMOS window comparator manufactured using Linear Technology’s enhanced LTCMOS silicon gate process. Two high impedance voltage inputs, CENTER and WIDTH/2, define the middle and width of the comparison window. Whenever the input voltage, VIN, is inside the window the WITHIN WINDOW output is high. The ABOVE WINDOW output is high whenever VIN is above the window. By interchanging VIN and CENTER, the ABOVE WINDOW output becomes BELOW WINDOW and is high if VIN is below the window.
Sampling techniques provide high impedance voltage inputs that can common mode to both supply rails(V+ and GND). An important feature of the inputs is their non-interaction. Also the device is effectively chopper stabilized, giving it extremely high accuracy over all conditions of temperature, power supply and input voltage range.
Another benefit of the sampling techniques used to design the LTC1042 is the extremely low power consumption. When the device is strobed, it internally turns on the power to the comparators, samples the inputs, stores the outputs in CMOS latches and then turns off power to the comparators. This all happens in about 80us. Average power can be made small, almost arbitrarily, by lowering the strobe rate. The device can be self-strobed using an external RC network or strobed externally by driving the OSC pin witha CMOS gate.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Fault Detectors
- Go/No-Go Testing
- Microprocessor Power Supply Monitor
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1011/LT1011A - Voltage Comparator
- LT6700 - Micropower, Low Voltage, Dual Comparator with 400mV Reference
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1017 - Micropower Dual Comparator
- LTC1041 - BANG-BANG Controller
- LT1716 - SOT-23, 44V, Over-The-Top, Micropower, Precision Rail-to-Rail Comparator
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LTC6992 - TimerBlox: Voltage-Controlled Pulse Width Modulator (PWM)
- LTC1540 - Nanopower Comparator with Reference
- LTC1440 - Ultralow Power Single/Dual Comparator with Reference
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.