LT8714 - Bipolar Output Synchronous Controller with Seamless Four Quadrant Operation
- Bipolar Output Cleanly Transitions Through 0V
- Output Can Source or Sink Current for Any Output Voltage
- CTRL Pin Externally Sets Output Voltage
- Wide Input Range: 4.5V to 80V
- Power Good Indication Pin (PG)
- Switching Frequency Up to 750kHz
- Can Be Synchronized to an External Clock
- High Gain EN Pin Accepts Slowly Varying Input Signals
- 20-Lead TSSOP Exposed Pad Package
The LT®8714 is a synchronous PWM DC/DC controller designed for a four quadrant output converter. The output voltage cleanly transitions through zero volts with sourcing and sinking output current capability.
The LT8714 is ideal for regulating to positive, negative, or zero volts when configured for the novel four quadrant topology. Applications include four quadrant power supplies, high power bidirectional current sources, active loads, and high power, low frequency signal amplification. In addition, the LT8714 incorporates a power good feature to let the user know if VOUT is above or below its target regulation voltage.
The LT8714’s switching frequency range can be programmed between 100kHz and 750kHz via a resistor from the RT pin to GND. A SYNC pin is also provided if the user would like to synchronize the part to an external clock. Additional features such as current limiting and soft-start are included. The LT8714 is available in a 20‑lead TSSOP package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2240A||LT8714EFE Demo Board | Sync 4-Quadrant Controller, 10V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V, -5V ≤ VOUT ≤ 5V @ 5A||$200.00|
- Four Quadrant Power Supplies
- Bidirectional Current Sources
- High Power, Low Frequency Signal Amplification
- Test and Measurement
- Electronic Window Tinting
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC2380-24 - 24-Bit, 1.5Msps/2Msps, Low Power SAR ADC with Integrated Digital Filter
- LTC6992 - TimerBlox: Voltage-Controlled Pulse Width Modulator (PWM)
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT6375 - ±270V Common Mode Voltage Difference Amplifier
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: