LT8705A - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- Single Inductor Allows VIN Above, Below, or Equal to Regulated VOUT
- VIN Range 2.8V (Need EXTVCC > 6.4V) to 80V
- VOUT Range: 1.3V to 80V
- Quad N-Channel MOSFET Gate Drivers
- Synchronous Rectification: Up to 98% Efficiency
- Input and Output Current Monitor Pins
- Synchronizable Fixed Frequency: 100kHz to 400kHz
- Integrated Input Current, Input Voltage, Output Current and Output Voltage Feedback Loops
- Improved Light Load Transition from DCM to FCM
- Improved IMON_OUT, IMON_IN Offset When Cold
- Clock Output Usable To Monitor Die Temperature
The LT®8705A is a high performance buck-boost switching regulator controller that operates from input voltages above, below or equal to the output voltage. The part has integrated input current, input voltage, output current and output voltage feedback loops. With a wide 2.8V to 80V input and 1.3V to 80V output range, the LT8705A is compatible with most solar, automotive, telecom and battery-powered systems. The LT8705A is an improved pin compatible version of the LT8705 and is recommended for new designs. See LT8705A vs LT8705 in the Applications Information section for more information.
The LT8705A includes a MODE pin to select among Burst Mode® operation, discontinuous or continuous conduction mode at light loads. Additional features include a 3.3V/12mA LDO, a synchronizable fixed operating frequency, and onboard gate drivers.
|LT8705A||Improved, pin-to-pin compatible version of LT8705. Recommended for all new designs|
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- High Voltage Buck-Boost Converters
- Input or Output Current Limited Converters
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT8390 - 60V Synchronous 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller with Spread Spectrum
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC3780 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTM8056 - 58VIN, 48Vout Buck-Boost μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: