LT8697 - USB 5V 2.5A Output, 42V Input Synchronous Buck with Cable Drop Compensation
- Wide Input Range: 5V to 42V
- Low Dropout Under All Conditions: 450mV at 2.1A
- Accurate 5V Output: ±1.3% Over Full Temperature Range
- Programmable Cable Drop Compensation
- Programmable Output Current Limit
- Output Current Monitor
- Dual Input Feedback Permits Regulation on Output of USB Switch
- Forced Continuous Mode for Fast Load Step Response
- High Efficiency Synchronous Operation at 2MHz:
93% Efficiency at 2.1A, 5VOUT from 12VIN
95% Efficiency at 0.9A, 5VOUT from 12VIN
- Fast Minimum Switch-On Time: 45ns
- Adjustable Output from 5.0V to 5.25V
- Adjustable and Synchronizable: 300kHz to 2.2MHz
- Small Thermally Enhanced 3mm × 5mm 24-Lead QFN Package
The LT®8697 is a compact, high efficiency, high speed synchronous monolithic step-down switching regulator designed to power 5V USB applications. A precise output voltage and programmable cable drop compensation maintain accurate 5V regulation at the USB socket connected to the end of a long cable. Forced continuous operation allows the LT8697 to sink current, further enhancing accurate 5V regulation during load transients.
Accurate and programmable output current limit, a power good indicator pin and an output current monitor pin improve system reliability and safety, allow the user to implement latch-off or auto-retry functionality and can eliminate the need for a USB switch IC. Dual feedback allows regulation on the output of a USB switch and limits cable drop compensation to a maximum of 5.8V output, protecting USB devices during fault conditions. Thermal shutdown provides additional protection by limiting power dissipation in the IC during an overtemperature fault.
The LT8697 is available in a small 24-lead 3mm × 5mm package with an exposed pad for low thermal resistance.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1973A||LT8697 Demo Board | 6V ≤ VIN ≤ 42V, 5V @ 2.5A USB Supply Output, Cable Drop Compensation||$125.00|
- Automotive and Industrial USB
- Precision 5V Supply
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT8611 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with Current Sense and 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: