LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- Silent Switcher™ Architecture:
Ultralow EMI/EMC Emissions
- High Efficiency at High Frequency
Up to 96% Efficiency at 1MHz
Up to 94% Efficiency at 2MHz
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.4V to 42V
- Ultralow Quiescent Current Burst Mode® Operation:
2.5μA IQ Regulating 12VIN to 3.3VOUT
Output Ripple < 10mVP-P
- Fast Minimum Switch-On Time: 30ns
- Low Dropout Under All Conditions: 200mV at 1A
- Safely Tolerates Inductor Saturation in Overload
- Adjustable and Synchronizable: 200kHz to 3MHz
- Peak Current Mode Operation
- Accurate 1V Enable Pin Threshold
- Internal Compensation
- Output Soft-Start and Tracking
- Small 18-Lead 3mm × 4mm QFN
The LT®8614 step-down regulator features Silent Switcher architecture designed to minimize EMI/EMC emissions while delivering high efficiency at frequencies up to 3MHz. Assembled in a 3mm × 4mm QFN, the monolithic construction with integrated power switches and inclusion of all necessary circuitry yields a solution with a minimal PCB footprint. An ultralow 2.5μA quiescent current—with the output in full regulation— enables applications requiring highest efficiency at very small load currents. Transient response remains excellent and output voltage ripple is below 10mVP-P at any load, from zero to full current.
The LT8614 allows high VIN to low VOUT conversion at high frequency with a fast minimum top switch on-time of 30ns. Operation is safe in overload even with a saturated inductor.
Essential features are included and easy to use: An opendrain PG pin signals when the output is in regulation. The SYNC pin allows clock synchronization and choice of Burst Mode operation or pulse-skipping mode. Soft-start and tracking functionality is accessed via the TR/SS pin. An accurate enable threshold can be set using the EN/UV pin and a resistor at the RT pin programs switch frequency.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2019A||LT8614 Demo Board | Micropower Sync Buck, Silent Switcher, 5.8V ≤ VIN ≤ 42V, Vout = 5V @ 4A||Contact Factory|
- Automotive and Industrial Supplies
- General Purpose Step-Down
- GSM Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTM4644 - Quad DC/DC μModule Regulator with Configurable 4A Output Array
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: