LT8610A/LT8610AB - 42V, 3.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8610 Feature Set, Plus:
3.5A Maximum Output Current
Fast 30ns Minimum Switch-On Time
Improved Burst Mode Efficiency (LT8610AB Only)
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.4V to 42V
- Ultralow Quiescent Current Burst Mode® Operation:
2.5μA IQ Regulating 12VIN to 3.3VOUT
- Fixed Output Voltages: 3.3V, 5V
- Output Ripple < 10mVP-P (LT8610A Only)
- High Efficiency Synchronous Operation:
95% Efficiency at 1A, 5VOUT from 12VIN
93% Efficiency at 1A, 3.3VOUT from 12VIN
- Low Dropout Under All Conditions: 200mV at 1A
- Safely Tolerates Inductor Saturation in Overload
- Adjustable and Synchronizable Frequency:
200kHz to 2.2MHz
- Accurate 1V Enable Pin Threshold
- Output Soft-Start and Tracking
- Small Thermally Enhanced 16-Lead MSOP Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT®8610A/LT8610AB series are compact, high efficiency, high speed synchronous monolithic step-down switching regulators that consume only 2.5μA of quiescent current. Compared to the LT8610, they have higher maximum output currents of 3.5A and a faster minimum switch-on time of 30ns. The LT8610A has the same low ripple burst mode performance of the LT8610, while the LT8610AB has even higher light load efficiency.
The other features of the LT8610 remain unchanged in the LT8610A/LT8610AB series. A SYNC pin allows synchronization to an external clock. The EN/UV pin has an accurate 1V threshold for VIN undervoltage lockout or shut down. A capacitor on the TR/SS pin programs the output voltage ramp rate during startup. The PG flag signals when VOUT is within ±9% of the programmed output voltage as well as fault conditions.
|FEEDBACK VOLTAGE||MIN VIN||OUTPUT CURRENT||NOTES|
|LT8610AC-1||0.80V||3.0V||3.5A||Fsw = 1.5MHz to 2.2MHz, Optimized Transient Response|
|LT8610AC||0.80V||3.0V||3.5A||Fsw = 200kHz to 2.2MHz|
|LT8610AB||0.97V||3.4V||3.5A||Improved Burst Mode Efficiency|
|LT8610AX||0.97V||3.4V||3.5A||175°C Max Junction Temp|
|LT8610A||0.97V||3.4V||3.5A||Higher Iout, 30ns Min On Time|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricingsales office or authorized distributor.
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2012A||LT8610AB Demo Board | Micropower Sync Buck, High Efficiency Burst Mode, 5.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 42V, Vout = 5V @ 3.5A||$125.00|
|DC2139A||LT8610A Demo Board | Micropower Sync Buck, 5.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 42V Input, Vout = 5V @ 3.5A||Contact Factory|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
sales office or authorized distributor.
- Automotive and Industrial Supplies
- GSM Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT8612 - 42V, 6A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 3μA Quiescent Current
- LT8610AC/LT8610AC-1 - 42V, 3.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8640/LT8640-1 - 42V, 5A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8620 - 65V, 2A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: