LT8606 - 42V, 350mA Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.0V to 42V
- Ultralow Quiescent Current Burst Mode® Operation:
<2.5μA IQ Regulating 12VIN to 3.3VOUT
Output Ripple <10mVP-P
- High Efficiency 2MHz Synchronous Operation:
- >92% Efficiency at 0.5A, 5VOUT from 12VIN
- 350mA Maximum Continuous Output
- Fast Minimum Switch-On Time: 45ns
- Adjustable and Synchronizable: 200kHz to 2.2MHz
- Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation for Low EMI
- Allows Use of Small Inductors
- Low Dropout
- Peak Current Mode Operation
- Accurate 1V Enable Pin Threshold
- Internal Compensation
- Output Soft-Start and Tracking
- Small 10-Lead MSOP Package or 8-Lead 2mm × 2mm DFN Package
The LT®8606 is a compact, high efficiency, high speed synchronous monolithic step-down switching regulator that consumes only 1.7μA of non-switching quiescent current. The LT8606 can deliver 350mA of continuous current. Top and bottom power switches are included with all necessary circuitry to minimize the need for external components. Low ripple Burst Mode operation enables high efficiency down to very low output currents while keeping the output ripple below 10mVP-P. Internal compensation with peak current mode topology allows the use of small inductors and results in fast transient response and good loop stability. The EN/UV pin has an accurate 1V threshold and can be used to program VIN undervoltage lockout or to shut down the LT8606 reducing the input supply current to 1μA. The PG pin signals when VOUT is within ±8.5% of the programmed output voltage as well as fault conditions.
The LT8606 in the 10-lead MSOP allows selection of low IQ Burst Mode operation, pulse skip or spread spectrum operation for low EMI, and can be synchronized to an external clock. The 8-lead 2mm × 2mm DFN package operates in Burst Mode operation. The MSOP has programmable soft-start and tracking.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- General Purpose Step Down
- Low EMI Step Down
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8608 - 42V, 1.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8607 - 42V, 750mA Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3990 - 62V, 350mA Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current and Integrated Diodes
- LT8609/LT8609A/LT8609B - 42V, 2A/3A Peak Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LTC4380 - Low Quiescent Current Surge Stopper
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice IV - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!