LT8602 - 42V Quad Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- Flexible Power Supply System Providing Four Outputs with a Wide Input Range
- Two High Voltage Synchronous Buck Regulators:
3V to 42V Input Voltage Range
Output Currents Up to 2.5A and 1.5A
High Efficiency Up to 93%
- Two Low Voltage Synchronous Buck Regulators:
2.6V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
Output Currents Up to 1.8A and 94% Efficiency
- Resistor Programmable and Synchronizable 250kHz to 2.2MHz Switching Frequency
- Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation:
30μA IQ at 12VIN
Output Ripple < 15mV
- Programmable Power-On Reset
- Power Good Indicators
- 2-Phase Clock Reduces Input Current Ripple
- Available in Thermally Enhanced 40-Lead QFN (6mm × 6mm) Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT®8602 is a quad channel, current mode, monolithic buck switching regulator with a programmable power-on reset. All regulators are synchronized to a single oscillator with an adjustable frequency from 250kHz to 2.2MHz. The LT8602 can be configured for micropower Burst Mode operation or pulse-skipping operation at light load. Micropower operation results in quiescent current of 30μA with all four regulators operating in the application below.
The high voltage channels are synchronous buck regulators that operate from an input of 3V to 42V. The output currents are up to 1.5A (OUT1) and 2.5A (OUT2). The low voltage channels operate from an input of 2.6V to 5.5V. Internal synchronous power switches provide high efficiency with output currents up to 1.8A. The LT8602 uses a 2-phase clock with channels 1 and 3 operating 180° from channels 2 and 4 to reduce input ripple current on both HV and LV inputs. All channels have cycle-by-cycle current limit, providing protection against shorted outputs. Thermal shutdown provides additional protection.
The LT8602 is available in a 40-lead 6mm × 6mm QFN package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1949A||LT8602 Demo Board | Quad Sync Buck; 5.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 42V, Vout1/Vout2/Vout3/Vout4 = 5V/3.3V/ 1.8V/1.2V @ 1A||$295.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Automotive Systems
- Distributed Supply Regulation
- Industrial Controls and Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8616 - Dual 42V Synchronous Monolithic Step-Down Regulator with 6.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT8640/LT8640-1 - 42V, 5A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT8609/LT8609A/LT8609B - 42V, 2A/3A Peak Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: