LT8601 - 42V Triple Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- Flexible Power Supply System Providing Three Outputs Over a Wide Input Voltage Range
- Two High Voltage Synchronous Buck Regulators
- 3V to 42V Input Voltage Range
- Output Currents Up to 2.5A and 1.5A
- High Efficiency Up to 93%
- One Low Voltage Synchronous Buck Regulator
- 2.6V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- Output Current Up to 1.8A and 95% Efficiency
- Resistor Programmable and Synchronizable from 250kHz to 2.2MHz Switching Frequency
- Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation
- 30μA IQ at 12VIN to 3.3VOUT2
- Output Ripple <15mV
- Programmable Power-On Reset
- Power Good Indicators
- 2-Phase Clock Reduces Input Current Ripple
- Available in Thermally Enhanced 40-Lead QFN (6mm × 6mm) Package
The LT®8601 is a triple channel, current mode, monolithic buck switching regulator with a programmable power-on reset. All regulators are synchronized to a single oscillator with an adjustable frequency from 250kHz to 2.2MHz. The LT8601 can be configured for micropower Burst Mode or Pulse-Skipping operation at light load. Micropower operation results in quiescent current of 30μA with all three regulators operating as shown in the application below with no load applied.
The high voltage channels are synchronous buck regulators that operate from an input of 3.0V to 42V. The output currents are up to 1.5A (OUT1) and 2.5A (OUT2). The low voltage channel operates from an input of 2.6V to 5.5V. Internal synchronous power switches provide high efficiency with output currents up to 1.8A. The LT8601 uses a 2-phase clock with channel 1 operating 180° from channels 2 and 3 to reduce input ripple current on both HV and LV inputs. All channels have cycle-by-cycle current limit, providing protection against shorted outputs. Thermal shutdown provides additional protection.
The LT8601 is available in a 40-lead 6mm × 6mm QFN package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2346A||LT8601EUJ Demo Board | Triple Sync Buck, 6V ≤ VIN ≤ 24V, 5Vout1 @ 1.5A, 3.3Vout2 @ 2.5A and 1.8Vout3 @ 1.8A, 2MHz FSW||$309.00|
- Automotive Systems
- Distributed Supply Regulation
- Industrial Controls and Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8602 - 42V Quad Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- LT8616 - Dual 42V Synchronous Monolithic Step-Down Regulator with 6.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8640/LT8640-1 - 42V, 5A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT8609/LT8609A/LT8609B - 42V, 2A/3A Peak Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8620 - 65V, 2A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: