LT8584 - 2.5A Monolithic Active Cell Balancer with Telemetry Interface
- 2.5A Typical Average Cell Discharge Current
- Integrated 6A, 50V Power Switch
- Integrates Seamlessly with LTC680x Family: No Additional Software Required
- Selectable Current and Temperature Monitors
- Ultralow Quiescent Current in Shutdown
- Engineered for ISO 26262 Compliant Systems
- Isolated Balancing:
- Can Return Charge to Top of Stack
- Can Return Charge to Any Combination of Cells in Stack
- Can Return Charge to 12V Battery for Alternator Replacement
- Can Be Paralleled for Greater Discharge Capability
- All Quiescent Current in Operation Taken from Local Cell
- 16-Lead TSSOP Package
The LT®8584 is a monolithic flyback DC/DC converter designed to actively balance high voltage stacks of batteries. The high efficiency of a switching regulator significantly increases the achievable balancing current while reducing heat generation. Active balancing also allows for capacity recovery in stacks of mismatched batteries, a feat unattainable with passive balance systems. In a typical system, greater than 99% of the total battery capacity can be recovered.
The LT8584 includes an integrated 6A, 50V power switch, reducing the design complexity of the application circuit. The part runs completely off of the cell which it is discharging, removing the need for complicated biasing schemes commonly required for external power switches. The enable pin (DIN) of the part is designed to work seamlessly with the LTC680x family of battery stack voltage monitoring ICs. The LT8584 also provides system telemetry including current and temperature monitoring when used with the LTC680x family of parts. When the LT8584 is disabled, less than 20nA of total quiescent current is typically consumed from the battery.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Active Battery Stack Balancing
- Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Fail-Safe Power Supplies
- Energy Storage Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3300-1 - High Efficiency Bidirectional Multicell Battery Balancer
- LTC6804-1/LTC6804-2 - Multicell Battery Monitors
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC6803-1 and -3 - Multicell Battery Stack Monitor
- LTC3300-2 - Addressable High Efficiency Bidirectional Multicell Battery Balancer
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.