LT8582 - Dual 3A Boost/Inverting/SEPIC DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- Dual 42V, 3A Combined Power Switch
- Master/Slave (1.7A/1.3A) Switch Design
- Wide Input Range: 2.5V to 22V Operating, 40V Maximum Transient
- Power Good Pin for Event Based Sequencing
- Switching Frequency Up to 2.5MHz
- Each Channel Easily Configurable as a Boost, SEPIC, Inverting or Flyback Converter
- Low VCESAT Switch: 270mV at 2.75A (Typical)
- Can be Synchronized to an External Clock
- Output Short-Circuit Protection
- High Gain SHDN Pin Accepts Slowly Varying Input Signals
- 24-Pin 7mm × 4mm DFN Package
The LT®8582 is a dual independent channel PWM DC/DC converter with a power good pin and built-in fault protection to help guard against input overvoltage and overtemperature conditions. Each channel consists of a 42V master switch and a 42V slave switch that can be tied together for a total current limit of 3A.
The LT8582 is ideal for many local power supply designs. Each channel can be easily configured in boost, SEPIC, inverting, or flyback configurations. Together, the two channels can produce a 12V and a –12V output with 14.4W of combined output power from a 5V input. In addition, the LT8582’s slave switch allows the part to be configured in high voltage, high power charge pump topologies that are more efficient and require fewer components than traditional circuits.
The LT8582 also features innovative SHDN pin circuitry that allows for slowly varying input signals and an adjustable undervoltage lockout function. Additional features such as output short protection, frequency foldback and soft-start are integrated. The LT8582 is available in a 24-pin 7mm × 4mm DFN package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1734A||LT8582IDKD Demo Board I Dual 3A Boost/Inverting/SEPIC DC/DC Converter||$225.00|
- Local Power Supply
- Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD) Bias Supplies
- TFT-LCD Bias Supplies
- Automotive Engine Control Unit (ECU) Power
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3471 - Dual 1.3A, 1.2MHz Boost/Inverter in 3mm × 3mm DFN
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3759 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTM8048 - 3.1VIN to 32VIN Isolated μModule DC/DC Converter with LDO Post Regulator
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: