LT8580 - Boost/SEPIC/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 1A, 65V Switch, Soft-Start and Synchronization
- 1A, 65V Power Switch
- Adjustable Switching Frequency
- Single Feedback Resistor Sets VOUT
- Synchronizable to External Clock
- High Gain SHDN Pin Accepts Slowly Varying Input Signals
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.55V to 40V
- Low VCESAT Switch: 400mV at 0.75A (Typical)
- Integrated Soft-Start Function
- Easily Configurable as a Boost, SEPIC, or Inverting Converter
- User Configurable Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Pin Compatible with LT3580
- Tiny Thermally Enhanced 8-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN and 8-Lead MSOP Packages
The LT®8580 is a PWM DC/DC converter containing an internal 1A, 65V switch. The LT8580 can be configured as either a boost, SEPIC or inverting converter.
The LT8580 has an adjustable oscillator, set by a resistor from the RT pin to ground. Additionally, the LT8580 can be synchronized to an external clock. The switching frequency of the part may be free running or synchronized, and can be set between 200kHz and 1.5MHz.
The LT8580 also features innovative SHDN pin circuitry that allows for slowly varying input signals and an adjustable undervoltage lockout function.
Additional features such as frequency foldback and soft-start are integrated. The LT8580 is available in tiny thermally enhanced 3mm × 3mm 8-lead DFN and 8-lead MSOP packages.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2186A-A||LT8580 Demo Board | Boost, 3V ≤ VIN ≤ 10V, Vout = 12V @ 120mA||$150.00|
|DC2186A-B||LT8580 Demo Board | Two Inductor Inverting (Cuk), 5V ≤ VIN ≤ 12V, Vout = -12V @ 150mA||$150.00|
- VFD Bias Supplies
- TFT-LCD Bias Supplies
- GPS Receivers
- DSL Modems
- Local Power Supply
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LT8570 - Boost/SEPIC/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 65V Switch, Soft-Start and Synchronization
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3958 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Converter
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: