LT8495 - SEPIC/Boost Converter with 2A, 70V Switch, 9μA Quiescent Current, POR and Watchdog Timer
- Wide Input Voltage Range of ~1V to 60V (2.5V to 32V for Start-Up)
- Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation
- 9μA IQ at 12VIN to 5.0VOUT
- Output Ripple (<10mV Typ.)
- Dual Supply Pins:
- Improves Efficiency
- Reduces Minimum Supply Voltage to ~1V after Start-Up to Extend Battery Life
- Integrated 2A/70V Power Switch
- Programmable Watchdog Timer Can Operate When VIN Supply Is Removed
- Programmable Power-On Reset Timer (POR) with RST Functional for Input Supply Down to 1.3V
- FMEA Fault Tolerant in TSSOP Package
- Fixed Frequency PWM, SEPIC/BOOST/FLYBACK Topologies
- Programmable Switching Frequency: 250kHz to 1.5MHz
- UVLO Programmable on SWEN and RSTIN Pins
- Soft-Start Programmable with One Capacitor
- Small 20-Lead QFN or 20-Lead TSSOP Packages
The LT®8495 is an adjustable frequency (250kHz to 1.5MHz) monolithic switching regulator with a power-on reset and watchdog timer. Quiescent current can be less than 9μA when operating and is ~0.3μA when SWEN, WDE and RSTIN are low. Configurable as a SEPIC, boost or flyback converter, the low ripple Burst Mode operation maintains high efficiency at low output current while keeping output ripple below 10mV. Dual supply pins (VIN and BIAS) allow the part to automatically operate from the most efficient supply. Input supply voltage can be up to 60V for SEPIC topologies and up to 32V (with ride-through up to 60V) for boost and flyback topologies. After start-up, battery life is extended since the part can draw current from its output (BIAS) even when VIN voltage drops below 2.5V.
The reset and watchdog timeout periods are independently adjustable using external capacitors. Using a resistor divider on the SWEN pin provides a programmable undervoltage lockout (UVLO) for the converter. A resistor divider connected to RSTIN provides UVLO control that asserts the RST pin.
Additional features such as frequency foldback and softstart are integrated. Fault tolerance in the TSSOP allows for adjacent pin shorts or an open without raising the output voltage above its programmed value. The LT8495 is available in 20-lead QFN and 20-lead TSSOP packages with exposed pads for low thermal resistance.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2205A||LT8495 Demo Board | SEPIC, 3V ≤ VIN ≤ 60V, Vout = 5V @ 1A||$230.00|
- Automotive ECU Power
- Power for Portable Products
- Industrial Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8494 - SEPIC/Boost DC/DC Converter with 2A, 70V Switch, and 7μA Quiescent Current
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT8330 - Low IQ Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Converter with 1A, 60V Switch
- LT8570 - Boost/SEPIC/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 65V Switch, Soft-Start and Synchronization
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT8580 - Boost/SEPIC/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 1A, 65V Switch, Soft-Start and Synchronization
- LT3958 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Converter
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: