LT8490 - High Voltage, High Current Buck-Boost Battery Charge Controller with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- VIN Range: 6V to 80V
- VBAT Range: 1.3V to 80V
- Single Inductor Allows VIN Above, Below, or Equal to VBAT
- Automatic MPPT for Solar Powered Charging
- Automatic Temperature Compensation
- No Software or Firmware Development Required
- Operation from Solar Panel or DC Supply
- Input and Output Current Monitor Pins
- Four Integrated Feedback Loops
- Synchronizable Fixed Frequency: 100kHz to 400kHz
- 64-Lead (7mm × 11mm × 0.75mm) QFN Package
The LT®8490 is a buck-boost switching regulator battery charger that implements a constant-current constantvoltage (CCCV) charging profile used for most battery types, including sealed lead-acid (SLA), flooded, gel and lithium-ion. The device operates from input voltages above, below or equal to the output voltage and can be powered by a solar panel or a DC power supply. On-chip logic provides automatic maximum power point tracking (MPPT) for solar powered applications. The LT8490 can perform automatic temperature compensation by sensing an external thermistor thermally coupled to the battery. STATUS and FAULT pins containing charger information can be used to drive LED indicator lamps. The device is available in a low profile (0.75mm) 7mm × 11mm 64-lead QFN package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2069A||LT8490 Demo Board | High Efficiency MPPT Buck-Boost Battery Charger Controller 17V to 54V up to 200W solar panel Vin. 12V SLA battery @ up to 16.6A charge current||$195.00|
- Solar Powered Battery Chargers
- Multiple Types of Lead-Acid Battery Charging
- Li-Ion Battery Charger
- Battery Equipped Industrial or Portable Military Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC4000-1 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging with Maximum Power Point Control
- LT3652HV - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!