LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- Dual 2A and One 500mA, 50V Internal Power Switch Channels
- 2A Primary Channels Can Be Buck, Boost, SEPIC, ZETA, Flyback or Inverting DC/DC Converter
- 500mA Skyhook Channel Efficiently Generates Boosted Input Voltage
- Wide Input Voltage Range of 2.6V to 50V
- UVLO and OVLO Programmable on OV/UV Pin
- Soft-Start Programmable for Each Channel
- Fixed Frequency PWM (Set by RT Pin or Synchronized to External Clock)
- Anti-Phase Switching Reduces Input Ripple
- 20-Lead TSSOP and 28-Lead QFN Packages
The LT®8471 is a dual PWM DC/DC converter containing two internal 2A, 50V switches and an additional 500mA switch to facilitate step-down and inverting conversion. Each 2A channel can be independently configured as a buck, boost, SEPIC, flyback or inverting converter. Capable of generating positive and negative outputs from a single input rail, the LT8471 is ideal for many local power supply designs.
The LT8471 has an adjustable oscillator, set by a resistor placed from the RT pin to ground. Additionally, the LT8471 can be synchronized to an external clock. The free running or synchronized switching frequency range of the part can be set between 100kHz and 2MHz.
Additional features such as frequency foldback, soft-start, and power good are integrated. The LT8471 is available in 20-lead TSSOP and 28-Lead (4mm × 5mm) QFN packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1854A||LT8471EFE Demo Board | Dual Buck/Inverting, 6V ≤ VIN ≤ 32V, Vout1 = 5V @ 1.4A, Vout2 = -5V @ 0.8A||$150.00|
- Dual Rail Power for Signal Chain.
- Buck/Buck, Buck/Boost, Boost/Boost, Boost/Invert, Invert/Invert, Buck/Invert
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT8582 - Dual 3A Boost/Inverting/SEPIC DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: