LT8415 - Ultralow Power Boost Converter with Dual Half-Bridge Switches
- High Voltage Switches Built in (Dual half-bridge)
- Ultralow Quiescent Current
10.5μA in Active Mode
0μA in Shutdown Mode
- Comparator Built into SHDN pin
- Low Noise Control Scheme
- Adjustable FB reference voltage
- Wide Input Range: 2.5V to 16V
- Wide Output Range: Up to 40V
- Integrated Power NPN Switch (25mA Current Limit)
- Integrated Schottky Diode
- Integrated Output Disconnect
- High Value (12.4M/0.4M) Feedback Resistor Integrated
- Built in Soft Start (Optional Capacitor from VREF to GND)
- Over Voltage Protection for CAP, VOUT, OUT1 and OUT2 Pins
- 12-Pin 3mm × 2mm DFN package
DescriptionThe LT8415 is an ultralow power boost converter with two integrated complementary MOSFET half-bridges (N- and P-channel), integrated power switch, Schottky diode and output disconnect circuitry. The N-channel and P-channel MOSFETs in each half-bridge are synchronously controlled by a single input pin, and never turn on at the same time in typical applications.
The boost regulator controls power delivery by varying both the peak inductor current and switch off-time. This control scheme results in low output voltage ripple as well as high efficiency over a wide load range. The quiescent current is a low 10.5μA, which is further reduced to 0μA in shutdown. The internal disconnect circuitry allows the output voltage to be blocked from the input during shutdown. High value (12.4M/0.4M) resistors are integrated on chip for output voltage detection, significantly reducing input referred quiescent current. The LT8415 also features a comparator built into the SHDN pin, overvoltage protection for the CAP, VOUT, OUT1 and OUT2 pins, built in soft start and comes in a tiny 12-pin 3mm × 2mm DFN package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1449A||LT8415EDDB Demo board |Ultralow Power Boost Converter with Dual Half-Bridge Switches||$75.00|
- Sensor Power
- RF Mems Relay Power
- Low Power Actuator Bias/Control
- Liquid Lens Driver
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8410 - Ultralow Power Boost Converter with Output Disconnect
- LT1615 - Micropower Step-Up DC/DC Converters in ThinSOT
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LT3494 - Micropower Low Noise Boost Converters with Output Disconnect
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LTC3786 - Low IQ Synchronous Boost Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: