LT8391 - 60V Synchronous 4-Switch Buck-Boost LED Controller with Spread Spectrum
- 4-Switch Single Inductor Architecture Allows VIN Above, Below or Equal to VOUT
- Synchronous Switching: Up to 98% Efficiency
- Proprietary Peak-Buck Peak-Boost Current Mode
- Wide VIN Range: 4V to 60V
- Wide VOUT Range: 0V to 60V (51V LED)
- ±3% LED Current Accuracy
- 2000:1 External and 128:1 Internal PWM Dimming
- High Side PMOS PWM Switch Driver
- Integrated Bootstrap Diodes
- No Top MOSFET Refresh Noise in Buck or Boost
- Adjustable and Synchronizable: 150kHz to 650kHz
- Flicker-Free Spread Spectrum for Low EMI
- Open and Short LED Protection with Fault Reporting
- Available in 28-Lead TSSOP with Exposed Pad and 28-Lead QFN (4mm × 5mm)
The LT®8391 is a synchronous 4-switch buck-boost LED controller that regulates LED current from input voltage above, below, or equal to the output voltage. The proprietary peak-buck peak-boost current mode control scheme allows adjustable and synchronizable 150kHz to 650kHz fixed frequency operation, or internal ±15% triangle spread spectrum operation for low EMI. With 4V to 60V input, 0V to 60V output, and seamless low noise transitions between operation regions, the LT8391 is ideal for LED driver and battery charger applications in automotive, industrial, and battery-powered systems.
The LT8391 provides both internal (up to 128:1) and external (up to 2000:1) LED current PWM dimming with a high-side PMOS switch. Two CTRL pins provide flexible 20:1 analog dimming with ±3% LED current accuracy at 100mV full scale. Fault protection is provided to detect an open or short LED condition, during which the LT8391 retries, latches off, or keeps running.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2345A||LT8391EFE Demo Board | Sync Buck-Boost LED Driver, 4V ≤ VIN ≤ 60V, VLED = 25V @ 2A||$309.00|
- Automotive Head Lamps/Running Lamps
- High Power LED Lighting
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LT8390 - 60V Synchronous 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller with Spread Spectrum
- LTC4380 - Low Quiescent Current Surge Stopper
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: