LT8390 - 60V Synchronous 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller with Spread Spectrum
- 4-Switch Single Inductor Architecture Allows VIN Above, Below or Equal to VOUT
- Synchronous Switching: Up to 98% Efficiency
- Proprietary Peak-Buck Peak-Boost Current Mode
- Wide VIN Range: 4V to 60V
- ±1.5% Output Voltage Accuracy: 1V ≤ VOUT ≤ 60V
- ±3% Input or Output Current Accuracy with Monitor
- Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation for Low EMI
- High Side PMOS Load Switch Driver
- Integrated Bootstrap Diodes
- No Top MOSFET Refresh Noise in Buck or Boost
- Adjustable and Synchronizable: 150kHz to 650kHz
- VOUT Disconnected from VIN During Shutdown
- Available in 28-Lead TSSOP with Exposed Pad and 28-Lead QFN (4mm × 5mm)
The LT®8390 is a synchronous 4-switch buck-boost DC/DC controller that regulates output voltage, input or output current from an input voltage above, below, or equal to the output voltage. The proprietary peak-buck/peak-boost current mode control scheme allows adjustable and synchronizable 150kHz to 650kHz fixed frequency operation, or internal ±15% triangle spread spectrum frequency modulation for low EMI. With a 4V to 60V input voltage range, 0V to 60V output voltage capability, and seamless low-noise transitions between operation regions, the LT8390 is ideal for voltage regulator, battery and supercapacitor charger applications in automotive, industrial, telecom, and even battery-powered systems.
The LT8390 provides input or output current monitor and power good flag. Fault protection is also provided to detect output short-circuit condition, during which the LT8390 retries, latches off, or keeps running.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2431A||LT8390EFE Demo Board | Sync Buck-Boost, 9V ≤ VIN ≤ 36V, VOUT = 12V @ 25A||$313.00|
|DC2457A||LT8390 Demo Board | Sync Buck-Boost Controller, 4V ≤ VIN ≤ 60V, VOUT = 12V @ 4A (Fsw=400kHz)||Contact Factory|
- Automotive, Industrial, Telecom Systems
- High Power Battery-Powered System
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC3780 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC4380 - Low Quiescent Current Surge Stopper
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: