LT8331 - Low IQ Boost/SEPIC/ Flyback/Inverting Converter with 0.5A, 140V Switch
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 100V
- Ultralow Quiescent Current and Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation: IQ = 6μA
- 0.5A, 140V Power Switch
- Positive or Negative Output Voltage Programming with a Single Feedback Pin
- Programmable Frequency (100kHz to 500kHz)
- Synchronizable to an External Clock
- BIAS Pin for Higher Efficiency
- Programmable Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Thermally-Enhanced High Voltage MSOP Package
The LT®8331 is a current mode DC/DC converter with a 140V, 0.5A switch operating from a 4.5V to 100V input. With a unique single feedback pin architecture, it is capable of boost, SEPIC, flyback or inverting configurations. Burst Mode operation consumes as low as 6μA quiescent current to maintain high efficiency at very low output currents, while keeping typical output ripple below 20mV.
The internally-compensated current mode architecture results in stable operation over a wide range of input and output voltages and programmable switching frequencies between 100kHz to 500kHz. A SYNC/MODE pin allows synchronization to an external clock. It can also be used to select between burst or pulse-skipping modes of operation. For increased efficiency, a BIAS pin can accept a second input to supply the INTVCC regulator. Additional features include frequency foldback and programmable soft-start for controlling inductor current during start-up.
The LT8331 is available in a thermally-enhanced MSOP package with four pins removed for high voltage spacings.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2275A||LT8331 Demo Board | Boost, 10V ≤ VIN ≤ 48V, 120Vout @ up to 80mA||$125.00|
- Industrial and Automotive
- Medical Diagnostic Equipment
- Portable Electronics
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT8330 - Low IQ Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Converter with 1A, 60V Switch
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
- LT8570 - Boost/SEPIC/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 65V Switch, Soft-Start and Synchronization
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT8300 - 100VIN Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with 150V/260mA Switch
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: