LT8311 - Synchronous Rectifier Controller with Opto-Coupler Driver for Forward Converters
- Wide Input Supply Range: 3.7V to 30V
- Preactive Mode:
- No Pulse Transformer Required
- DCM Operation at Light Load
- SYNC Mode:
- FCM or DCM Operation at Light Load
- Achieves Highest Efficiency
- 1.5% Feedback Voltage Reference
- 10mA Opto-Coupler Driver
- Output Power Good Indicator
- Integrated Soft-Start Function
The LT®8311 is used on the secondary side of a forward converter to provide synchronous MOSFET control and output voltage feedback through an opto-coupler. The LT8311’s unique preactive mode allows control of the secondary-side MOSFETs without requiring a traditional pulse transformer for primary- to secondary-side communication. In preactive mode, the output inductor current operates in discontinuous conduction mode (DCM) at light load. If forced continuous mode (FCM) operation is desired at light load, the LT8311 can, alternatively, be used in SYNC mode, where a pulse transformer is required to send synchronous control signals from the primary-side IC to the LT8311.
The LT8311 offers a full featured opto-coupler controller, incorporating a 1.5% reference, a transconductance error amplifier and a 10mA opto-driver. Power good monitoring and output soft-start/overshoot control are also included. The LT8311 is available in a 16-lead FE package with pins removed for high voltage spacing requirements.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1929A||LT3752EFE-1/ LT8311EFE Demo Board | 150V ≤ VIN ≤ 400V, VOUT = 12V @ 16.7A||$300.00|
|DC1994A||LT3752EFE/LT8311EFE Isolated Demo Board | 18V ≤ VIN ≤ 72V; VOUT: 12V @ 12A||$300.00|
|DC2015A||LT8310EFE/LT8311EFE Isolated Demo Board | 36V ≤ VIN ≤ 72V; VOUT = 12V @ 12A||$300.00|
|DC2175A||LT3752IFE/LT8311IFE Demo Board | Forward Converter with Sync Rectification, 9V ≤ VIN ≤ 36V; Vout = 12V @ 13A||$300.00|
- Offline and HV Car Battery Isolated Power Supplies
- 48V Isolated Power Supplies
- Industrial, Automotive and Military Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3752/LT3752-1 - Active Clamp Synchronous Forward Controllers with Internal Housekeeping Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT3798 - Isolated No Opto-Coupler Flyback Controller with Active PFC
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT8310 - 100Vin Forward Converter Controller
- LT8309 - Secondary-Side Synchronous Rectifier Driver
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.