LT8310 - 100VIN Forward Converter Controller
- Input Voltage Range: 6V to 100V
- Duty Mode Control Regulates an Isolated Output without an Opto
- High Efficiency Synchronous Control
- Short-Circuit (Hiccup Mode) Overcurrent Protection
- Programmable OVLO and UVLO with Hysteresis
- Programmable Frequency (100kHz to 500kHz)
- Synchronizable to an External Clock
- Positive or Negative Polarity Output Voltage Feedback with a Single FBX Pin
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Low Shutdown Current < 1μA
- Available in FE20 TSSOP with HV Pin Spacing
The LT®8310 is a simple-to-use resonant reset forward converter controller that drives the gate of a low side N-channel MOSFET from an internally regulated 10V supply. The LT8310 features duty mode control that generates a stable, regulated, isolated output using a single power transformer. With the addition of output voltage feedback, via opto-coupler (isolated) or directly wired (nonisolated), current mode regulation is activated, improving output accuracy and load response. The flexibility to choose transformer turns ratio makes high step-down or step-up ratios possible without operating at duty cycle extremes.
The user can program the switching frequency from 100kHz to 500kHz to optimize efficiency, performance or external component size. A synchronous output is available for controlling secondary side synchronous rectification to improve efficiency. User programmable protection features include monitors on input voltage (UVLO and OVLO) and switch current (overcurrent limit). The LT8310 soft-start feature helps protect the transformer from flux saturation.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1963A||LT8310EFE Demo Board | Isolated Forward Converter, 36V ≤ VIN ≤ 72V; VOUT = 12V @ 6A||Contact Factory|
|DC2015A||LT8310EFE/LT8311EFE Isolated Demo Board | 36V ≤ VIN ≤ 72V; VOUT = 12V @ 12A||Contact Factory|
- Industrial, Automotive and Military Systems
- 48V Telecommunication Isolated Power Supplies
- Isolated and Nonisolated DC/DC Converters
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3752/LT3752-1 - Active Clamp Synchronous Forward Controllers with Internal Housekeeping Controller
- LT8302 - 42VIN Micropower No-Opto Isolated Flyback Converter with 65V/3.6A Switch
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT8300 - 100VIN Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with 150V/260mA Switch
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT8301 - 42VIN Micropower No-Opto Isolated Flyback Converter with 65V/1.2A Switch
- LT3798 - Isolated No Opto-Coupler Flyback Controller with Active PFC
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: