LT8310 - 100VIN Forward Converter Controller
- Input Voltage Range: 6V to 100V
- Duty Mode Control Regulates an Isolated Output without an Opto
- High Efficiency Synchronous Control
- Short-Circuit (Hiccup Mode) Overcurrent Protection
- Programmable OVLO and UVLO with Hysteresis
- Programmable Frequency (100kHz to 500kHz)
- Synchronizable to an External Clock
- Positive or Negative Polarity Output Voltage Feedback with a Single FBX Pin
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Low Shutdown Current < 1μA
- Available in FE20 TSSOP with HV Pin Spacing
The LT®8310 is a simple-to-use resonant reset forward converter controller that drives the gate of a low side N-channel MOSFET from an internally regulated 10V supply. The LT8310 features duty mode control that generates a stable, regulated, isolated output using a single power transformer. With the addition of output voltage feedback, via opto-coupler (isolated) or directly wired (nonisolated), current mode regulation is activated, improving output accuracy and load response. The flexibility to choose transformer turns ratio makes high step-down or step-up ratios possible without operating at duty cycle extremes.
The user can program the switching frequency from 100kHz to 500kHz to optimize efficiency, performance or external component size. A synchronous output is available for controlling secondary side synchronous rectification to improve efficiency. User programmable protection features include monitors on input voltage (UVLO and OVLO) and switch current (overcurrent limit). The LT8310 soft-start feature helps protect the transformer from flux saturation.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1963A||LT8310EFE Demo Board | Isolated Forward Converter, 36V ≤ VIN ≤ 72V; VOUT = 12V @ 6A.||Contact Factory|
- Industrial, Automotive and Military Systems
- 48V Telecommunication Isolated Power Supplies
- Isolated and Nonisolated DC/DC Converters
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT8300 - 100VIN Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with 150V/260mA Switch
- LTC6090/LTC6090-5 - 140V CMOS Rail-to-Rail Output, Picoamp Input Current Op Amp
- LTM2884 - Isolated USB Transceiver with Isolated Power
- LTC4366-1/LTC4366-2 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.