LT8303 - 100Vin Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with 150V/450mA Switch
- 5.5V to 100V Input Voltage Range
- 450mA, 150V Internal DMOS Power Switch
- Up to 5W of Output Power
- Low Quiescent Current:
70μA in Sleep Mode
280μA in Active Mode
- Boundary Mode Operation at Heavy Load
- Low-Ripple Burst Mode® Operation at Light Load
- Minimum Load <0.5% (Typ) of Full Output
- VOUT Set with a Single External Resistor
- No Transformer Third Winding or Opto-Isolator
- Required for Regulation
- Accurate EN/UVLO Threshold and Hysteresis
- Internal Compensation and Soft-Start
- 5-Lead TSOT-23 Package
The LT8303 is a micropower high voltage isolated flyback converter. By sampling the isolated output voltage directly from the primary-side flyback waveform, the part requires no third winding or opto-isolator for regulation. The output voltage is programmed with a single external resistor. Internal compensation and soft-start further reduce external component count. Boundary mode operation provides a small magnetic solution with excellent load regulation. Low ripple Burst Mode operation maintains high efficiency at light load while minimizing the output voltage ripple. A 450mA, 150V DMOS power switch is integrated along with all high voltage circuitry and control logic into a 5-lead thinSOT™ package.
The LT8303 operates from an input voltages range of 5.5V to 100V and can deliver up to 5W of isolated output power. The high level of integration and the use of boundary and low ripple burst modes result in a simple to use, low component count, and high efficiency application solution for isolated power delivery.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2490A||LT8303ES5 Demo Board | Isolated Flyback, 36V ≤ VIN ≤ 72V, VOUT = 5V @ up to 0.84A||$125.00|
- Isolated Telecom, Datacom, Automotive, Industrial, and Medical Power Supplies
- Isolated Auxiliary/Housekeeping Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8301 - 42VIN Micropower No-Opto Isolated Flyback Converter with 65V/1.2A Switch
- LT8300 - 100VIN Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with 150V/260mA Switch
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
- LT8331 - Low IQ Boost/SEPIC/ Flyback/Inverting Converter with 0.5A, 140V Switch
- LTC4380 - Low Quiescent Current Surge Stopper
- LT8302 - 42VIN Micropower No-Opto Isolated Flyback Converter with 65V/3.6A Switch
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT8304 - 100VIN Micropower No-Opto Isolated Flyback Converter with 150V/2A Switch
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.