LT8302 - 42VIN Micropower No-Opto Isolated Flyback Converter with 65V/3.6A Switch
- 2.8V to 42V Input Voltage Range
- 3.6A, 65V Internal DMOS Power Switch
- Low Quiescent Current:
106μA in Sleep Mode
380μA in Active Mode
- Quasi-Resonant Boundary Mode Operation at Heavy Load
- Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation at Light Load
- Minimum Load < 0.5% (Typ) of Full Output
- No Transformer Third Winding or Opto-Isolator Required for Output Voltage Regulation
- Accurate EN/UVLO Threshold and Hysteresis
- Internal Compensation and Soft-Start
- Temperature Compensation for Output Diode
- Output Short-Circuit Protection
- Thermally Enhanced 8-Lead SO Package
The LT®8302 is a monolithic micropower isolated flyback converter. By sampling the isolated output voltage directly from the primary-side flyback waveform, the part requires no third winding or opto-isolator for regulation. The output voltage is programmed with two external resistors and a third optional temperature compensation resistor. Boundary mode operation provides a small magnetic solution with excellent load regulation. Low ripple Burst Mode operation maintains high efficiency at light load while minimizing the output voltage ripple. A 3.6A, 65V DMOS power switch is integrated along with all the high voltage circuitry and control logic into a thermally enhanced 8-lead SO package.
The LT8302 operates from an input voltage range of 2.8V to 42V and delivers up to 18W of isolated output power. The high level of integration and the use of boundary and low ripple burst modes result in a simple to use, low component count, and high efficiency application solution for isolated power delivery.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2014A||LT8302ES8E Isolated Demo Board | 10V ≤ VIN ≤ 30V, VOUT = 5V @ 2.2A||$125.00|
- Isolated Automotive, Industrial, Medical Power Supplies
- Isolated Auxiliary/Housekeeping Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8301 - 42VIN Micropower No-Opto Isolated Flyback Converter with 65V/1.2A Switch
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
- LT8300 - 100VIN Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with 150V/260mA Switch
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT3573 - Isolated Flyback Converter without an Opto-Coupler
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3798 - Isolated No Opto-Coupler Flyback Controller with Active PFC
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3575 - Isolated Flyback Converter without an Opto-Coupler
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: