LT8300 - 100VIN Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with 150V/260mA Switch
- 6V to 100V Input Voltage Range
- 260mA, 150V Internal DMOS Power Switch
- Low Quiescent Current:
70μA in Sleep Mode
330μA in Active Mode
- Boundary Mode Operation at Heavy Load
- Low-Ripple Burst Mode® Operation at Light Load
- Minimum Load <0.5% (Typ) of Full Output
- VOUT Set with a Single External Resistor
- No Transformer Third Winding or Opto-Isolator Required for Regulation
- Accurate EN/UVLO Threshold and Hysteresis
- Internal Compensation and Soft-Start
- 5-Lead TSOT-23 Package
The LT®8300 is a micropower high voltage isolated flyback converter. By sampling the isolated output voltage directly from the primary-side flyback waveform, the part requires no third winding or opto-isolator for regulation. The output voltage is programmed with a single external resistor. Internal compensation and soft-start further reduce external component count. Boundary mode operation provides a small magnetic solution with excellent load regulation. Low ripple Burst Mode operation maintains high efficiency at light load while minimizing the output voltage ripple. A 260mA, 150V DMOS power switch is integrated along with all high voltage circuitry and control logic into a 5-lead ThinSOT™ package.
The LT8300 operates from an input voltages range of 6V to 100V and can deliver up to 2W of isolated output power. The high level of integration and the use of boundary and low ripple burst modes result in a simple to use, low component count, and high efficiency application solution for isolated power delivery.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1825A||LT8300ES5 Isolated Flyback Demo Board | 22V < VIN < 75V, VOUT = 5V@ 250mA.||$100.00|
- Isolated Telecom, Automotive, Industrial, Medical Power Supplies
- Isolated Auxiliary/Housekeeping Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
- LT3798 - Isolated No Opto-Coupler Flyback Controller with Active PFC
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3511 - Monolithic High Voltage Isolated Flyback Converter
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3573 - Isolated Flyback Converter without an Opto-Coupler
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTM2883 - SPI/Digital or I2C μModule Isolator with Adjustable ±12.5V and 5V Regulated Power
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: