LT6109 - High Side Current Sense Amplifier with Reference and Comparators
- Current Sense Amplifier
– Fast Step Response: 500ns
– Low Offset Voltage: 125μV Maximum
– Low Gain Error: 0.2% Maximum
- Internal 400mV Precision Reference
- Internal Latching Comparators with Reset
– Fast Response Time: 500ns
– Total Threshold Error: ±1.25% Maximum
– Two Comparator Polarity Options
- Wide Supply Range: 2.7V to 60V
- Supply Current: 550μA
- Low Shutdown Current: 5μA Maximum
- Specified for –40°C to 125°C Temperature Range
- Available in 10-Lead MSOP Package
The LT®6109 is a complete high side current sense device that incorporates a precision current sense amplifier, an integrated voltage reference and two comparators. Two versions of the LT6109 are available. The LT6109-1 has the comparators connected in opposing polarity and the LT6109-2 has the comparators connected in the same polarity. In addition, the current sense amplifier and comparator inputs and outputs are directly accessible. The amplifier gain and comparator trip points are configured by external resistors. The open-drain comparator outputs allows for easy interface to other system components.
The overall propagation delay of the LT6109 is typically only 1.4μs, allowing for quick reaction to overcurrent and undercurrent conditions. The 1MHz bandwidth allows the LT6109 to be used for error detection in critical applications such as motor control. The high threshold accuracy of the comparators, combined with the ability to latch both comparators, ensures the LT6109 can capture high speed events.
The LT6109 is fully specified for operation from –40°C to 125°C, making it suitable for industrial and automotive applications. The LT6109 is available in a small 10-lead MSOP.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1659A-A||LT6109-1 | High Side Current Sense with Reference and Comparators||$50.00|
|DC1659A-B||LT6109-2 | High Side Current Sense with Reference and Comparators||$50.00|
- Overcurrent, Undercurrent and Fault Detection
- Current Shunt Measurement
- Battery Monitoring
- Motor Control
- Automotive Monitoring and Control
- Remote Sensing
- Industrial Control
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC6102 - Precision Zero Drift Current Sense Amplifier
- LTC6101 - High Voltage, High-Side Current Sense Amplifier in SOT-23
- LT6108 - High Side Current Sense Amplifier with Reference and Comparator
- LT1999 - High Voltage, Bidirectional Current Sense Amplifier
- LTC4151 - High Voltage I2C Current and Voltage Monitor
- LT6105 - Precision, Rail-to-Rail Input Current Sense Amplifier
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT1787 - Precision, High Side Current Sense Amplifiers
- LTC4366-1/LTC4366-2 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LT6106 - Low Cost, 36V High Side Current Sense Amplifier
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV