LT6108 - High Side Current Sense Amplifier with Reference and Comparator
- Current Sense Amplifier
– Fast Step Response: 500ns
– Low Offset Voltage: 125μV Maximum
– Low Gain Error: 0.2% Maximum
- Internal 400mV Precision Reference
- Internal Comparator
– Fast Response Time: 500ns
– Total Threshold Error: ±1.25% Maximum
– Latching or Non-Latching Comparator Option
- Wide Supply Range: 2.7V to 60V
- Supply Current: 450μA
- Low Shutdown Current: 5μA Maximum
- Specified for –40°C to 125°C Temperature Range
- Available in 8-Lead MSOP and 8-Lead (2mm × 3mm) DFN Packages
The LT®6108 is a complete high side current sense device that incorporates a precision current sense amplifier, an integrated voltage reference and a comparator. Two versions of the LT6108 are available. The LT6108-1 has a latching comparator and the LT6108-2 has a non-latching comparator. In addition, the current sense amplifier and comparator inputs and outputs are directly accessible. The amplifier gain and comparator trip point are configured by external resistors. The open-drain comparator output allows for easy interface to other system components.
The overall propagation delay of the LT6108 is typically only 1.4μs, allowing for quick reaction to overcurrent conditions. The 1MHz bandwidth allows the LT6108 to be used for error detection in critical applications such as motor control. The high threshold accuracy of the comparator, combined with the ability to latch the comparator, ensures the LT6108 can capture high speed events.
The LT6108 is fully specified for operation from –40°C to 125°C, making it suitable for industrial and automotive applications. The LT6108 is available in the small 8-lead MSOP and 8-lead DFN packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1699A-A||LT6108-1 | High Side Current Sense Amplifier w/ Reference and a Comparator||$50.00|
|DC1699A-B||LT6108-2 | High Side Current Sense Amplifier w/ Reference and a Comparator||$50.00|
- Overcurrent and Fault Detection
- Current Shunt Measurement
- Battery Monitoring
- Motor Control
- Automotive Monitoring and Control
- Remote Sensing
- Industrial Control
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT6109 - High Side Current Sense Amplifier with Reference and Comparators
- LTC6101 - High Voltage, High-Side Current Sense Amplifier in SOT-23
- LTC6102 - Precision Zero Drift Current Sense Amplifier
- LT1999 - High Voltage, Bidirectional Current Sense Amplifier
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT1787 - Precision, High Side Current Sense Amplifiers
- LT6106 - Low Cost, 36V High Side Current Sense Amplifier
- LT6105 - Precision, Rail-to-Rail Input Current Sense Amplifier
- LTC4151 - High Voltage I2C Current and Voltage Monitor
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV