LT6106 - Low Cost, 36V High Side Current Sense Amplifier
- Gain Configurable with Two Resistors
- Low Offset Voltage: 250µV Maximum
- Output Current: 1mA Maximum
- Supply Range: 2.7V to 36V, 44V Absolute Maximum
- Low Input Bias Current: 40nA Maximum
- PSRR: 106dB Minimum
- Low Supply Current: 65µA Typical, V+ = 12V
- Operating Temperature Range: –40°C to 125°C
- Low Profile (1mm) ThinSOT Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT6106 is a versatile high side current sense amplifier. Design flexibility is provided by the excellent device characteristics: 250µV maximum offset and 40nA maximum input bias current. Gain for each device is set by two resistors and allows for accuracy better than 1%.
The LT6106 monitors current via the voltage across an external sense resistor (shunt resistor). Internal circuitry converts input voltage to output current, allowing for a small sense signal on a high common mode voltage to be translated into a ground referenced signal. The low DC offset allows for monitoring very small sense voltages. As a result, a small valued shunt resistor can be used, which minimizes the power loss in the shunt.
The wide 2.7V to 44V input voltage range, high accuracy and wide operating temperature range make the LT6106 ideal for automotive, industrial and power management applications. The very low power supply current of the LT6106 also makes it suitable for low power and battery operated applications.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1240A||LT6106 Current Sense Demo Board||$50.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Current Shunt Measurement
- Battery Monitoring
- Power Management
- Motor Control
- Lamp Monitoring
- Overcurrent and Fault Detection
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC6101 - High Voltage, High-Side Current Sense Amplifier in SOT-23
- LTC6102 - Precision Zero Drift Current Sense Amplifier
- LT6105 - Precision, Rail-to-Rail Input Current Sense Amplifier
- LT1787 - Precision, High Side Current Sense Amplifiers
- LT1999 - High Voltage, Bidirectional Current Sense Amplifier
- LT6108 - High Side Current Sense Amplifier with Reference and Comparator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT6100 - Precision, Gain Selectable High Side Current Sense Amplifier
- LTC4151 - High Voltage I2C Current and Voltage Monitor
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: