LT6100 - Precision, Gain Selectable High Side Current Sense Amplifier
- Input Offset Voltage: 300µV (Max)
- Sense Inputs Up to 48V
- 0.5% Gain Accuracy
- Pin Selectable Gain: 10, 12.5, 20, 25, 40, 50V/V
- Separate Power Supply: 2.7V to 36V
- Operating Current: 60µA
- Sense Input Current (VCC Powered Down): 1nA
- Reverse Battery Protected to -48V
- Buffered Output
- Noise Filtering Input
- -40°C to 125°C Operating Temperature Range
- Available in 8-Lead DFN and MSOP Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
DescriptionThe LT6100 is a complete micropower, precision, high side current sense amplifier. The LT6100 monitors unidirectional currents via the voltage across an external sense resistor. Fixed gains of 10, 12.5, 20, 25, 40, 50V/V are obtained by simply strapping or floating two gain select pins. Gain accuracy is better than 0.5% for all gains.
The LT6100 sense inputs have a voltage range that extends from 4.1V to 48V, and can withstand a differential voltage of the full supply. This makes it possible to monitor the voltage across a MOSFET switch or a fuse. The part can also withstand a reverse battery condition on the inputs.
Input offset is a low 300µV. CMRR and PSRR are in excess of 105dB, resulting in a wide dynamic range. A filter pin is provided to easily implement signal filtering with a single capacitor.
The LT6100 has a separate supply input, which operates from 2.7V to 36V and draws only 60µA. When VCC is powered down, the sense pins are biased off. This prevents loading of the monitored circuit, irrespective of the sense voltage. The LT6100 is available in an 8-lead DFN and MSOP package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1114A||LT6100 Current Sense Demo Board||$50.00|
|DC907A-B||LTC6102, LT6100, LT1787, LTC2054, and LTC2439-1 (Requires DC590B) | Demo Board||$150.00|
|DC590B||Isolated USB Serial Controller for Linear Technology QuikEval-Compatible Demo Boards||$50.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Battery Monitoring
- Fuse Monitoring
- Portable and Cellular Phones
- Portable Test/Measurement Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC6101 - High Voltage, High-Side Current Sense Amplifier in SOT-23
- LTC6102 - Precision Zero Drift Current Sense Amplifier
- LT6105 - Precision, Rail-to-Rail Input Current Sense Amplifier
- LT1787 - Precision, High Side Current Sense Amplifiers
- LT1999 - High Voltage, Bidirectional Current Sense Amplifier
- LT6106 - Low Cost, 36V High Side Current Sense Amplifier
- LTC4151 - High Voltage I2C Current and Voltage Monitor
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT6108 - High Side Current Sense Amplifier with Reference and Comparator
- LT3092 - 200mA 2-Terminal Programmable Current Source
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: