LT6100 - Precision, Gain Selectable High Side Current Sense Amplifier
- Input Offset Voltage: 300µV (Max)
- Sense Inputs Up to 48V
- 0.5% Gain Accuracy
- Pin Selectable Gain: 10, 12.5, 20, 25, 40, 50V/V
- Separate Power Supply: 2.7V to 36V
- Operating Current: 60µA
- Sense Input Current (VCC Powered Down): 1nA
- Reverse Battery Protected to -48V
- Buffered Output
- Noise Filtering Input
- -40°C to 125°C Operating Temperature Range
- Available in 8-Lead DFN and MSOP Packages
DescriptionThe LT6100 is a complete micropower, precision, high side current sense amplifier. The LT6100 monitors unidirectional currents via the voltage across an external sense resistor. Fixed gains of 10, 12.5, 20, 25, 40, 50V/V are obtained by simply strapping or floating two gain select pins. Gain accuracy is better than 0.5% for all gains.
The LT6100 sense inputs have a voltage range that extends from 4.1V to 48V, and can withstand a differential voltage of the full supply. This makes it possible to monitor the voltage across a MOSFET switch or a fuse. The part can also withstand a reverse battery condition on the inputs.
Input offset is a low 300µV. CMRR and PSRR are in excess of 105dB, resulting in a wide dynamic range. A filter pin is provided to easily implement signal filtering with a single capacitor.
The LT6100 has a separate supply input, which operates from 2.7V to 36V and draws only 60µA. When VCC is powered down, the sense pins are biased off. This prevents loading of the monitored circuit, irrespective of the sense voltage. The LT6100 is available in an 8-lead DFN and MSOP package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1114A||LT6100 Current Sense Demo Board||$50.00|
|DC907A-B||LTC6102, LT6100, LT1787, LTC2054, and LTC2439-1 (R||$150.00|
|DC590B||USB Serial Controller for Linear Technology QuikEv||$50.00|
- Battery Monitoring
- Fuse Monitoring
- Portable and Cellular Phones
- Portable Test/Measurement Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC6101 - High Voltage, High-Side Current Sense Amplifier in SOT-23
- LTC6102 - Precision Zero Drift Current Sense Amplifier
- LT6105 - Precision, Rail-to-Rail Input Current Sense Amplifier
- LT1999 - High Voltage, Bidirectional Current Sense Amplifier
- LT6106 - Low Cost, 36V High Side Current Sense Amplifier
- LT1787 - Precision, High Side Current Sense Amplifiers
- LTC4151 - High Voltage I2C Current and Voltage Monitor
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT6108 - High Side Current Sense Amplifier with Reference and Comparator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV