LT5581 - 6GHz RMS Power Detector with 40dB Dynamic Range
- Frequency Range: 10MHz to 6GHz
- Accurate Power Measurement of High Crest Factor (Up to 12dB) Waveforms
- 40dB Log Linear Dynamic Range
- Exceptional Accuracy Over Temperature
- Fast Response Time: 1μs Rise, 8μs Fall
- Low Power: 1.4mA at 3.3V
- Log-Linear DC Output vs Input RF Power in dBm
- Small 3mm × 2mm 8-Pin DFN Package
- Single-Ended RF Input
DescriptionThe LT5581 is a 10MHz to 6GHz, low power monolithic precision RMS power detector. The RMS detector uses a proprietary technique to accurately measure the RF power from –34dBm to +6dBm (at 2.14GHz) of modulated signals with a crest factor as high as 12dB. It outputs a DC voltage in linear scale proportional to an RF input signal power in dBm. The LT5581 is suitable for precision power measurement and control for a wide variety of RF standards, including GSM/EDGE, CDMA, CDMA2000, W-CDMA, TD-SCDMA, UMTS, LTE and WiMAX, etc. The final DC output is connected in series with an on-chip 300Ω resistor, which enables further filtering of the output modulation ripple with just a single off-chip capacitor.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1314A||LT5581IDDB | 6GHz, 40dB RMS Power Detector Demo Board - optimized for 10MHz to 2.2GHz||$100.00|
- GSM/EDGE, CMDA, CDMA2000, W-CDMA, LTE,
WiMAX RF Power Control
- Pico-Cells, Femto-Cells RF Power Control
- Wireless Repeaters
- CATV/DVB Transmitters
- MIMO Wireless Access Points
- Portable RMS Power Measurement Instrumentation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC5587 - 6 GHz RMS Power Detector with Digital Output
- LTC5507 - 100kHz to 1GHz RF Power Detector
- LTC5582 - 40MHz to 10GHz RMS Power Detector with 57dB Dynamic Range
- LTC5583 - Matched Dual-Channel 6GHz RMS Power Detector
- LTC6946 - Ultralow Noise and Spurious 0.37GHz to 6.39GHz Integer-N Synthesizer with Integrated VCO
- LT5538 - 40MHz to 3.8GHz RF Power Detector with 75dB Dynamic Range
- LT5537 - Wide Dynamic Range RF/IF Log Detector
- 50MHz to 3GHz RF Power Detector with 60dB Dynamic Range
- LTC6409 - 10GHz GBW, 1.1nV/√Hz Differential Amplifier/ADC Driver
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice IV - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!