LT5554 - Broadband Ultra Low Distortion 7-Bit Digitally Controlled VGA
- 1GHz Bandwidth at all Gains
- 48dBm OIP3 at 200MHz, 2VP-P into 50Ω, ROUT = 100Ω
- –88dBc IMD3 at 200MHz, 2VP-P into 50Ω, ROUT = 100Ω
- 1.4nV/√Hz Input-Referred-Noise (RTI)
- 20dBm Output P1dB at 70MHz, ROUT = 130Ω
- 2dB to 18dB Gain Range (ROUT = 50Ω)
- 0.125dB Gain Step Size
- 30ps Group Delay Variation
- 5ns Fast Gain Settling Time
- 5ns Fast Overdrive Recovery
- –80dB Reverse Isolation
DescriptionThe LT5554 is a 7-bit digitally controlled programmable gain (PG) amplifier with 16dB gain control range. It consists of a 50Ω input variable attenuator, followed by a high linearity variable transconductance amplifier. The coarse 4dB input attenuator step is implemented via 2-bits of digital control (PG5, PG6). The ﬁne transconductance amplifier 0.125dB step within 3.875dB gain control range is set via 5-bits digital control (PG0 to PG4). The LT5554 gain control inputs (PGx) and the STROBE input can be directly coupled to TTL or ECL drivers. The seven parallel gain control inputs time skew can be eliminated by using the STROBE input positive transition.
The internal output resistor RO = 400Ω limits the maximum overall gain to 36dB for open outputs. The internal circuitry of open output collectors enables the LT5554 to be unconditionally stable over any loading conditions (including external SAW ﬁlters) and provides –80dB reverse isolation at 300MHz.
The LT5554 is internally protected during overdrive and has an on-chip power supply regulator.
With 0.125dB step resolution and 5ns settling time, the LT5554 is suitable in applications where continuous gain control is required.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1150A||LT5554 | Broadband Ultra-Low Distortion Digitally Programmable VGA||$125.00|
- Differential ADC Driver
- IF Sampling Receivers
- VGA IF Power Ampliﬁer
- 50Ω Driver
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC6412 - 800MHz, 31dB Range Analog-Controlled VGA
- LTC6409 - 10GHz GBW, 1.1nV/√Hz Differential Amplifier/ADC Driver
- LTC6910 - Digitally Controlled Programmable Gain Amplifiers in SOT-23
- LTC6360 - Very Low Noise Single-Ended SAR ADC Driver with True Zero Output
- LTC6912 - Dual Programmable Gain Amplifiers with Serial Digital Interface
- LTC6946 - Ultralow Noise and Spurious 0.37GHz to 5.7GHz Integer-N Synthesizer with Integrated VCO
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LTC6915 - Zero Drift, Precision Instrumentation Amplifier with Digitally Programmable Gain
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1995 - 30MHz, 1000V/µs Gain Selectable Amplifier
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.