LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- Withstands Surges Over 80V with VCC Clamp
- Wide Operating Voltage Range: 4V to 80V
- Adjustable Output Clamp Voltage
- Fast Overcurrent Limit: Less Than 5μs
- Reverse Input Protection to –60V
- Adjustable UV/OV Comparator Thresholds
- Low 7μA Shutdown Current
- Shutdown Pin Withstands –60V to 100V
- Adjustable Fault Timer
- Controls N-Channel MOSFET
- Less Than 1% Retry Duty Cycle During Faults, LT4363-2
- Available in 12-Pin (4mm × 3mm) DFN, 12-Pin MSOP or 16-Pin SO Packages
The LT®4363 surge stopper protects loads from high voltage transients. It regulates the output during an overvoltage event, such as load dump in vehicles, by controlling the gate of an external N-channel MOSFET. The output is limited to a safe value allowing the loads to continue functioning. The LT4363 also monitors the voltage drop between the SNS and OUT pins to protect against overcurrent faults. An internal amplifier limits the voltage across the current sense resistor to 50mV. In either fault condition, a timer is started inversely proportional to MOSFET stress. Before the timer expires, the FLT pin pulls low to warn of an impending power down. If the condition persists, the MOSFET is turned off. The LT4363-1 remains off until reset whereas the LT4363-2 restarts after a cool down period.
Two precision comparators can monitor the input supply for overvoltage (OV) and undervoltage (UV) conditions. When the potential is below the UV threshold, the external MOSFET is kept off. If the input supply voltage is above the OV threshold, the MOSFET is not allowed to turn back on. Back-to-back MOSFETs can be used in lieu of a Schottky diode for reverse input protection, reducing voltage drop and power loss. A shutdown pin reduces the quiescent current to less than 7μA during shutdown.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
DFN-12, MS-12, SO-16
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1935A-A||LT4363-1 Demo | High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit, Latch-Off version||$75.00|
|DC1935A-B||LT4363-2 Demo | High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit, Auto-Retry version||$75.00|
- Automotive/Avionic Surge Protection
- Hot Swap™/Live Insertion
- High Side Switch for Battery Powered Systems
- Intrinsic Safety Applications
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4366-1/LTC4366-2 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4356-1 and -2 - Surge Stopper
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LTC4365 - UV, OV and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC4415 - Dual 4A Ideal Diodes with Adjustable Current Limit
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV