LT4356-3 and LT4356MP-3 - Surge Stopper with Fault Latchoff
- Stops High Voltage Surges
- Adjustable Output Clamp Voltage
- Overcurrent Protection
- Wide Operation Range: 4V to 80V
- Reverse Input Protection to –60V
- Low 7μA Shutdown Current
- Adjustable Latchoff Fault Timer
- Controls N-channel MOSFET
- Shutdown Pin Withstands –60V to 100V
- Fault Output Indication
- Auxiliary Amplifier for Level Detection Comparator or Linear Regulator Controller
- Available in (4mm × 3mm) 12-Pin DFN, 10-Pin MSOP or 16-Pin SO Packages
The LT4356-3 surge stopper protects loads from high voltage transients. It regulates the output during an overvoltage event, such as load dump in automobiles, by controlling the gate of an external N-channel MOSFET. The output is limited to a safe value thereby allowing the loads to continue functioning. The LT4356-3 also monitors the voltage drop between the VCC and SNS pins to protect against overcurrent faults. An internal amplifier limits the current sense voltage to 50mV. In either fault condition, a timer is started inversely proportional to MOSFET stress. If the timer expires, the FLT pin pulls low to warn of an impending power down. If the condition persists, the MOSFET is turned off, until the SHDN pin pulls low momentarily.
The auxiliary amplifier may be used as a voltage detection comparator or as a linear regulator controller driving an external PNP pass transistor.
Back-to-back FETs can be used in lieu of a Schottky diode for reverse input protection, reducing voltage drop and power loss. The SHDN input turns off the part, including the auxiliary amplifier, and reduces the quiescent current to less than 7μA.
|Low Current Shutdown||7uA||60uA||7uA|
|Aux Amp In Shutdown||OFF||Always Alive||OFF|
|Fault Retry||Retry||Retry||Latch Off|
|Packages||DFN-12, MS-10, SO-16||DFN-12, SO-16||DFN-12, MS-10, SO-16|
|Temp Grades||C, I, H, MP||C, I, H, MP||C, I, H, MP|
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
DFN-12, MS-10, SO-16
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1018B-C||LT4356-3 Demo | Overvoltage Protection Regulator with Latch-Off||$50.00|
- Automotive/Avionic Surge Protection
- Hot Swap/Live Insertion
- High Side Switch for Battery Powered Systems
- Intrinsic Safety Applications
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT4356-1 and LT4356-2 - Surge Stopper
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4366-1/LTC4366-2 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LTC4365 - Overvoltage, Undervoltage and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
- LT4356MP-1 and LT4356MP-2 - Surge Stopper
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.