LT4180 - Virtual Remote Sense Controller
- Tight Load Regulation with Highly Resistive Cables without Requiring Remote Sense Wiring
- Compatible with Isolated and Nonisolated Power Supplies
- ±1% Internal Voltage Reference
- 5mA Sink Current Capability
- Soft-Correct Reduces Turn-On Transients
- Undervoltage and Overvoltage Protection
- Pin-Programmable Dither Frequency
- Optional Spread Spectrum Dither
- Wide VIN Range: 3.1V to 50V
- 24-Pin SSOP Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT4180 solves the problem of providing tight load regulation over long, highly resistive cables without requiring an additional pair of remote sense wires. This Virtual Remote Sense device continuously interrogates the line impedance and corrects the power supply output voltage via its feedback loop to maintain a steady voltage at the load regardless of current changes.
The LT4180 is a full-featured controller with 5mA optoisolator sink capability, under/overvoltage lockout, soft-start and a ±1% internal voltage reference. The Virtual Remote Sense feature set includes user-programmable dither frequency and optional spread spectrum dither.
The LT4180 works with any topology and type of isolated or nonisolated power supply, including DC/DC converters and adjustable linear regulators.
The LT4180 is available in a 24-pin, SSOP package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1504A||LT4180EGN Demo Board u VIN= 8V to 36V, VOUT1 = 5V @ 3A||$125.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- 12V High Intensity Lamps
- 28V Industrial Systems
- High Power (>40 Watts) CAT5 Cable Systems
- Wiring Drop Cancellation for Notebook Computer Battery Charging
- AC and DC Adaptors
- Well-Logging and Other Remote Instrumentation
- Surveillance Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC6992 - TimerBlox: Voltage-Controlled Pulse Width Modulator (PWM)
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT6110 - Cable/Wire Drop Compensator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: