LT3995 - 60V, 3A, 2MHz Step-Down Switching Regulator with 2.7μA Quiescent Current
- Ultralow Quiescent Current:
2.7μA IQ at 12VIN to 3.3VOUT
- Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation
Output Ripple < 15mVP-P
- Wide Input Range: Operation from 4.3V to 60V
- 3A Maximum Output Current
- Excellent Start-Up and Dropout Performance
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: 200kHz to 2MHz
- Synchronizable Between 250kHz to 2MHz
- Accurate Programmable Undervoltage Lockout
- Low Shutdown Current: IQ = 700nA
- Power Good Flag
- Soft-Start Capability
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Current Limit Foldback with SS Override
- Saturating Switch Design: 85mΩ On Resistance
- Small, Thermally Enhanced 16-Lead MSOP Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT3995 is an adjustable frequency monolithic buck switching regulator that accepts a wide input voltage range up to 60V. Low quiescent current design consumes only 2.7μA of supply current while regulating with no load. Low ripple Burst Mode operation maintains high efficiency at low output currents while keeping the output ripple below 15mV in a typical application. The LT3995 can supply up to 3A of load current and has current limit foldback to limit power dissipation during short circuit. A low dropout voltage of 500mV is maintained when the input voltage drops below the programmed output voltage, such as during automotive cold crank.
An internally compensated current mode topology is used for fast transient response and good loop stability. A high efficiency 85mΩ switch is included on the die along with a boost Schottky diode and the necessary oscillator, control, and logic circuitry. An accurate 1.02V threshold enable pin can be driven directly from a microcontroller or used as a programmable undervoltage lockout. A capacitor on the SS pin provides a controlled inrush current (soft-start). A power good flag signals when VOUT reaches 91.6% of the programmed output voltage. The LT3995 is available in a small 16-lead MSOP package with exposed pad for low thermal resistance.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1832A||LT3995 Demo Board | Micropower Buck, 4.3V ≤ VIN ≤ 60V, Vout = 3.3V @ 3A||$175.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Automotive Battery Regulation
- Portable Products
- Industrial Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8620 - 65V, 2A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3992 - Monolithic Dual Tracking 3A Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTM8027 - 60V, 4A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: