LT3988 - Dual 60V Monolithic 1A Step-Down Switching Regulator
- Wide Input Range:
Operation from 4.1V to 60V
Overvoltage Lockout Protects Circuit Through
- Two 1A Output Switching Regulators with Internal Power Switches
- Short Circuit Robust
- Adjustable 250kHz to 2.5MHz Switching Frequency, Synchronizable Over the Full Range
- Integrated Boost Diodes
- Integrated Loop Compensation
- Anti-Phase Switching Reduces Ripple
- Low Shutdown IQ (<2μA)
- Uses Small Inductors and Ceramic Capacitors
- Thermally Enhanced, 16-Lead MSOP Package
The LT®3988 is a dual, current mode, step-down, DC/DC converter that accepts two input voltages up to 60V (80V transient), which may be driven from separate supplies or can be cascaded. High efficiency switches are included on the die along with internal boost diodes and loop compensation. Both converters are capable of generating 1A outputs, are synchronized to a single oscillator programmable up to 2.5MHz, and run with opposite phases, reducing input ripple current.
The switching frequency is set with a single resistor yielding a range of 250kHz to 2.5MHz, or a clock signal can be applied to the SYNC pin. The LT3988’s high switching frequency allows the use of small inductors and capacitors, resulting in a very small dual output supply. The constant switching frequency, combined with low impedance ceramic capacitors, results in low, predictable output ripple. A current mode PWM architecture provides fast transient response with cycle-by-cycle current limiting. Diode current sense and thermal shutdown provide additional protection.
The LT3988 is available in a 16-lead MSOP package with an exposed pad for low thermal resistance.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1677A||LT3988EMSE Demo Board I 7V ≤ VIN ≤60V, Vout1 = 5V @ 1A, Vout2 = 3.3V @ 1A.||$150.00|
- Commercial Vehicle Battery Regulation
- Industrial Supplies
- Distributed Supply Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3990 - 62V, 350mA Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current and Integrated Diodes
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT3504 - Quad 40V/1A Step-Down Switching Regulator with 100% Duty Cycle Operation
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3992 - Monolithic Dual Tracking 3A Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: