LT3988 - Dual 60V Monolithic 1A Step-Down Switching Regulator
- Wide Input Range:
Operation from 4.1V to 60V
Overvoltage Lockout Protects Circuit Through
- Two 1A Output Switching Regulators with Internal Power Switches
- Short Circuit Robust
- Adjustable 250kHz to 2.5MHz Switching Frequency, Synchronizable Over the Full Range
- Integrated Boost Diodes
- Integrated Loop Compensation
- Anti-Phase Switching Reduces Ripple
- Low Shutdown IQ (<2μA)
- Uses Small Inductors and Ceramic Capacitors
- Thermally Enhanced, 16-Lead MSOP Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT®3988 is a dual, current mode, step-down, DC/DC converter that accepts two input voltages up to 60V (80V transient), which may be driven from separate supplies or can be cascaded. High efficiency switches are included on the die along with internal boost diodes and loop compensation. Both converters are capable of generating 1A outputs, are synchronized to a single oscillator programmable up to 2.5MHz, and run with opposite phases, reducing input ripple current.
The switching frequency is set with a single resistor yielding a range of 250kHz to 2.5MHz, or a clock signal can be applied to the SYNC pin. The LT3988’s high switching frequency allows the use of small inductors and capacitors, resulting in a very small dual output supply. The constant switching frequency, combined with low impedance ceramic capacitors, results in low, predictable output ripple. A current mode PWM architecture provides fast transient response with cycle-by-cycle current limiting. Diode current sense and thermal shutdown provide additional protection.
The LT3988 is available in a 16-lead MSOP package with an exposed pad for low thermal resistance.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1677A||LT3988EMSE Demo Board I 7V ≤ VIN ≤60V, Vout1 = 5V @ 1A, Vout2 = 3.3V @ 1A||$150.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Commercial Vehicle Battery Regulation
- Industrial Supplies
- Distributed Supply Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3990 - 62V, 350mA Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current and Integrated Diodes
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: