LT3975 - 42V, 2.5A, 2MHz Step-Down Switching Regulator with 2.7µA Quiescent Current
- Ultralow Quiescent Current:
2.7μA IQ at 12VIN to 3.3VOUT
- Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation
Output Ripple < 15mVP-P
- Wide Input Range: Operation from 4.3V to 42V
- 2.5A Maximum Output Current
- Excellent Start-Up and Dropout Performance
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: 200kHz to 2MHz
- Synchronizable Between 250kHz to 2MHz
- Accurate Programmable Undervoltage Lockout
- Low Shutdown Current: IQ = 700nA
- Power Good Flag
- Soft-Start Capability
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Current Limit Foldback with Soft-Start Override
- Saturating Switch Design: 75mΩ On Resistance
- Small, Thermally Enhanced 16-Lead MSOP Package
The LT®3975 is an adjustable frequency monolithic buck switching regulator that accepts a wide input voltage range up to 42V. Low quiescent current design consumes only 2.7μA of supply current while regulating with no load. Low ripple Burst Mode operation maintains high efficiency at low output currents while keeping the output ripple below 15mV in a typical application. The LT3975 can supply up to 2.5A of load current and has current limit foldback to limit power dissipation during short circuit. A low dropout voltage of 500mV is maintained when the input voltage drops below the programmed output voltage, such as during automotive cold crank.
An internally compensated current mode topology is used for fast transient response and good loop stability. A high efficiency 75mΩ switch is included on the die along with a boost Schottky diode and the necessary oscillator, control, and logic circuitry. An accurate 1.02V threshold enable pin can be driven directly from a microcontroller or used as a programmable undervoltage lockout. A capacitor on the SS pin provides a controlled inrush current (soft-start). A power good flag signals when VOUT reaches 91.6% of the programmed output voltage. The LT3975 is available in a small 16-lead MSOP package with exposed pad for low thermal resistance.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1736A||LT3975 Demo Board I 42V, 2.5A, 2.7uA Micropower Buck Regulator||Contact Factory|
- Automotive Battery Regulation
- Portable Products
- Industrial Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3976 - 40V, 5A, 2MHz Step-Down Switching Regulator with 3.3μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT8611 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with Current Sense and 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3504 - Quad 40V/1A Step-Down Switching Regulator with 100% Duty Cycle Operation
- LT3992 - Monolithic Dual Tracking 3A Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3759 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV