LT3971A/LT3971A-5 - 38V, 1.3A, 2MHz Step-Down Regulator with 2.2μA Quiescent Current
- Ultralow Quiescent Current:
2.8μA IQ Regulating 12VIN to 3.3VOUT
- Fixed Output Voltages: 5V
2.2μA IQ Regulating 12VIN to 5VOUT
- Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation:
Output Ripple < 15mVP-P
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.3V to 38V
- 1.3A Maximum Output Current
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: 200kHz to 2MHz
- Synchronizable Between 250kHz to 2MHz
- Fast Transient Response
- Accurate 1V Enable Pin Threshold
- Low Shutdown Current: IQ = 700nA
- Power Good Flag
- Soft-Start Capability
- Internal Compensation
- Output Voltage: 1.19V to 30V
- Small Thermally Enhanced 10-Lead MSOP Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT®3971A is an adjustable frequency monolithic buck switching regulator that accepts a wide input voltage range up to 38V. Low quiescent current design consumes only 2.8μA of supply current while regulating with no load. Low ripple Burst Mode operation maintains high efficiency at low output currents while keeping the output ripple below 15mV in a typical application. An internally compensated current mode topology is used for fast transient response and good loop stability. A high efficiency 0.33Ω switch is included on the die along with a boost Schottky diode and the necessary oscillator, control and logic circuitry. An accurate 1V threshold enable pin can be used to shut down the LT3971A, reducing the input supply current to 700nA. A capacitor on the SS pin provides a controlled inrush current (soft-start). A power good flag signals when VOUT reaches 91% of the programmed output voltage. The LT3971A is available in a small 10-lead MSOP package with an exposed pad for low thermal resistance.
The LT3971A and LT3971A-5 have a more accurate reference voltage compared to the LT3971 and LT3971-5. The LT3971A-5 also has specified VOUT pin current and ABSMAX current. These characteristics are important for USB applications.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- USB VBUS Regulation
- Automotive Battery Regulation
- Power for Portable Products
- Industrial Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3971 - 38V, 1.2A, 2MHz Step-Down Regulator with 2.8μA Quiescent Current
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC3646/LTC3646-1 - 40V, 1A Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LT3991 - 55V, 1.2A Step-Down Regulator with 2.8μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: