LT3959 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Converter with 6A, 40V Switch
- Wide VIN Range: 1.6V (2.5V Start-Up) to 40V
- Positive or Negative Output Voltage Programming with a Single Feedback Pin
- PGOOD Output Voltage Status Report
- Internal 6A/40V Power Switch
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Programmable Operating Frequency (100kHz to 1MHz) with One External Resistor
- Synchronizable to an External Clock
- Low Shutdown Current < 1μA
- INTVCC Regulator Supplied from VIN or DRIVE
- Programmable Input Undervoltage Lockout with Hysteresis
- Thermally Enhanced QFN (5mm × 6mm) and TSSOP Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT®3959 is a wide input range, current mode, DC/DC controller which is capable of regulating either positive or negative output voltages from a single feedback pin. It can be configured as a boost, SEPIC or inverting converter.
It features an internal low side N-channel MOSFET rated for 6A at 40V and driven from an internal regulated supply provided from VIN or DRIVE. The fixed frequency, current-mode architecture results in stable operation over a wide range of supply and output voltages. The operating frequency of LT3959 can be set over a 100kHz to 1MHz range with an external resistor, or can be synchronized to an external clock using the SYNC pin.
The LT3959 features soft-start and frequency foldback functions to limit inductor current during start-up and output short-circuit. A window comparator on the FBX pin reports via the PGOOD pin, providing output voltage status indication.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1853A||LT3959EUHE Boost Demo Board | 2V-10Vin; Vout = 12V @ 2A||$175.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3759 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Controller
- LT3579 - 6A Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LT8582 - Dual 3A Boost/Inverting/SEPIC DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT3957A - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Converter with 5A, 40V Switch
- LTC1871 - Wide Input Range, No RSENSE Current Mode Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: