LT3958 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Converter
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 5V to 80V
- Single Feedback Pin for Positive or Negative Output Voltage
- Internal 3.3A/84V Power Switch
- Current Mode Control Provides Excellent Transient Response
- Programmable Operating Frequency (100kHz to 1MHz) with One External Resistor
- Synchronizeable to an External Clock
- Low Shutdown Current < 1μA
- Internal 7.2V Low Dropout Voltage Regulator
- Programmable Input Undervoltage Lockout with Hysteresis
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Thermally Enhanced QFN (5mm × 6mm) Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT3958 is a wide input range, current mode, DC/DC converter which is capable of generating either positive or negative output voltages. It can be configured as either a boost, flyback, SEPIC or inverting converter. It features an internal low side N-channel power MOSFET rated for 84V at 3.3A and driven from an internal regulated 7.2V supply. The fixed frequency, current-mode architecture results in stable operation over a wide range of supply and output voltages.
The operating frequency of LT3958 can be set with an external resistor over a 100kHz to 1MHz range, and can be synchronized to an external clock using the SYNC pin. A minimum operating supply voltage of 5V, and a low shutdown quiescent current of less than 1μA, make the LT3958 ideally suited for battery-powered systems.
The LT3958 features soft-start and frequency foldback functions to limit inductor current during start-up.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1569A||LT3958EUHE Boost Demo Board | 11V-40Vin; Vout = 48V @ 0.5A||$175.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT8300 - 100VIN Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with 150V/260mA Switch
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: