LT3955 - 60VIN LED Converter with Internal PWM Generator
- 3000:1 True Color PWM™ Dimming for LEDs
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 60V
- Rail-to-Rail Current Sense Range: 0V to 80V
- Internal 80V/3.5A Switch
- Programmable PWM Dimming Signal Generator
- Constant Current (±3%) and Constant-Voltage (±2%) Regulation
- Accurate Analog Dimming
- Drives LEDs in Boost, SEPIC, CUK, Buck Mode,
- Buck-Boost Mode, or Flyback Configuration
- Output Short-Circuit Protected Boost
- Open LED Protection and Reporting
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: 100kHz to 1MHz
- Programmable VIN UVLO with Hysteresis
- C/10 Indication for Battery Chargers
- Low Shutdown Current: <1μA
- Thermally Enhanced 5mm × 6mm QFN Package
The LT®3955 is a DC/DC converter designed to operate as a constant-current source and constant-voltage regulator. It features an internal low side N-channel MOSFET rated for 80V/3.5A. The LT3955 is ideally suited for driving high current LEDs, but also has features to make it suitable for charging batteries and supercapacitors. The fixed frequency, current mode architecture results in stable operation over a wide range of supply and output voltages. A voltage feedback pin serves as the input for several LED protection features, and also makes it possible for the converter to operate as a constant-voltage source. A frequency adjust pin allows the user to program the frequency from 100kHz to 1MHz to optimize efficiency, performance or external component size.
The LT3955 senses output current at the high side or at the low side of the load. The PWM input can be configured to self-oscillate at fixed frequency with duty ratio programmable from 4% to 96%. When driven by an external signal, the PWM input provides LED dimming ratios of up to 3000:1. The CTRL input provides additional analog dimming capability.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2020A||LT3955EUHE Demo Board | Boost LED Driver; 5V to 60VIN, VOUT up to 67V@0.3A||$175.00|
- High Power LEDs
- Output Short-Circuit Protected Boost
- Battery and SuperCap Chargers
- Accurate Current Limited Voltage Regulators
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3956 - 80VIN, 80VOUT Constant-Current, Constant-Voltage Converter
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3756/LT3756-1/LT3756-2 - 100VIN, 100VOUT LED Controller
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LT3954 - 40Vin LED Converter with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3755/LT3755-1/LT3755-2 - 40VIN, 75VOUT LED Controllers
- LTC3783 - PWM LED Driver and Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Converter
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - μModule (Power Module) Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: