LT3952 - 60V LED Driver with 4A Switch Current
- 4000:1 True Color PWM™ Dimming
- 4A, 60V Internal DMOS Switch
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3V to 42V
- 0V to 60V Output Current Regulation with Monitor
- PMOS Switch Driver for PWM and Output Disconnect
- LED Short-Circuit Protection and SHORTLED Flag
- Internal Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation
- Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Regulation
- Input Current Limit and Monitor
- Adjustable Frequency: 200kHz to 3MHz, Synchronizable to an External Clock
- 10:1 Analog Dimming
- Programmable Open-LED Protection with OPENLED Flag
- Programmable VIN Undervoltage and Overvoltage Lockout
- Available in a 28-Lead TSSOP Package
The LT®3952 is a current mode step-up DC/DC converter with an internal, 60V, 80mΩ DMOS power switch. The LT3952 is specifically designed to drive high power LEDs in multiple configurations. It combines input and output current regulation loops with output voltage regulation to operate as a flexible current/voltage source.
Programmable switching frequency with optional spreadspectrum modulation provides EMI reduction, while still allowing optimization of the external components for efficiency or component size. The LED current is programmable with an external sense resistor, and can be adjusted from zero to full scale with a voltage at the CTRL pin. The external PWM input provides LED ON/OFF control and 4000:1 dimming ratio, and an internal PWM generator delivers the efficiency of PWM dimming to standalone or I/O limited applications. The LT3952 is available in the thermally enhanced 28-lead TSSOP package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2013A||LT3952EFE Demo Board | CC/CV Boost LED Driver, 5V ≤ VIN ≤ 36V, VLED = VIN up to 50V @ 330mA||Contact Factory|
|DC2361A||LT3952EFE Demo Board | 2MHz LED Driver, 8V ≤ VIN ≤ 28V, IOUT = 330mA at 40V||$150.00|
- Display Backlighting
- Automotive and Avionic Lighting
- Accurate Current-Limited Voltage Regulators
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3478 - 4.5A Monolithic LED Drivers with True Color PWM Dimming
- LT3795 - 110V LED Controller with Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation
- LT3797 - Triple Output LED Driver Controller
- LT3756/LT3756-1/LT3756-2 - 100VIN, 100VOUT LED Controller
- LT3477 - 3A, DC/DC Converter with Dual Rail-to-Rail Current Sense
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - μModule (Power Module) Boost LED Driver and Current Source
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: