LT3845 - High Voltage Synchronous Current Mode Step-Down Controller with Adjustable Operating Frequency
- High Voltage Operation: Up to 60V
- Synchronizable Up to 600kHz
- Adjustable Constant Frequency: 100kHz to 500kHz
- Output Voltages Up to 36V
- Adaptive Nonoverlap Circuitry Prevents Switch Shoot-Through
- Reverse Inductor Current Inhibit for Discontinuous Operation Improves Efficiency with Light Loads
- Programmable Soft-Start
- 120μA No Load Quiescent Current
- 10μA Shutdown Supply Current
- 1% Regulation Accuracy
- Standard Gate N-Channel Power MOSFETs
- Current Limit Unaffected by Duty Cycle
- Reverse Overcurrent Protection
- 16-Lead Thermally Enhanced TSSOP Package, 16-Pin PDIP
The LT3845 is a high voltage, synchronous, current mode controller used for medium to high power, high efficiency supplies. It offers a wide 4V to 60V input range (7.5V minimum start-up voltage). An onboard regulator simplifies the biasing requirements by providing IC power directly from VIN.
Burst Mode operation maintains high efficiency at light loads by reducing IC quiescent current to 120μA. Light load efficiency is also improved with the reverse inductor current inhibit function which supports discontinuous operation.
Additional features include adjustable fixed operating frequency that can be synchronized to an external clock for noise sensitive applications, gate drivers capable of driving large N-channel MOSFETs, a precision undervoltage lockout, 10μA shutdown current, short-circuit protection and a programmable soft-start.
The LT3845 is available in a 16-lead thermally enhanced TSSOP package and 16-pin through hole N package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1073A||LT3845EFE Demo Board | 20V < Vin < 55V, Vout: 12V/||$150.00|
- 12V and 42V Automotive and Heavy Equipment
- 48V Telecom Power Supplies
- Avionics and Industrial Control Systems
- Distributed Power Converters
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3845A - High Voltage Synchronous Current Mode Step-Down Controller with Adjustable Operating Frequency
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC3891 - Low IQ, 60V Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LTC3810 - 100V Current Mode Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3824 - High Voltage Step-Down Controller With 40µA Quiescent Current
- LT3844 - High Voltage, Current Mode Switching Regulator Controller with Programmable Operating Frequency
- LT3800 - High-Voltage Synchronous Current Mode Step-Down Controller
- LTC3703 - 100V Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LT3724 - High Voltage, Current Mode Switching Regulator Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV