LT3845 - High Voltage Synchronous Current Mode Step-Down Controller with Adjustable Operating Frequency
- High Voltage Operation: Up to 60V
- Synchronizable Up to 600kHz
- Adjustable Constant Frequency: 100kHz to 500kHz
- Output Voltages Up to 36V
- Adaptive Nonoverlap Circuitry Prevents Switch Shoot-Through
- Reverse Inductor Current Inhibit for Discontinuous Operation Improves Efficiency with Light Loads
- Programmable Soft-Start
- 120μA No Load Quiescent Current
- 10μA Shutdown Supply Current
- 1% Regulation Accuracy
- Standard Gate N-Channel Power MOSFETs
- Current Limit Unaffected by Duty Cycle
- Reverse Overcurrent Protection
- 16-Lead Thermally Enhanced TSSOP Package, 16-Pin PDIP
The LT3845 is a high voltage, synchronous, current mode controller used for medium to high power, high efficiency supplies. It offers a wide 4V to 60V input range (7.5V minimum start-up voltage). An onboard regulator simplifies the biasing requirements by providing IC power directly from VIN.
Burst Mode operation maintains high efficiency at light loads by reducing IC quiescent current to 120μA. Light load efficiency is also improved with the reverse inductor current inhibit function which supports discontinuous operation.
Additional features include adjustable fixed operating frequency that can be synchronized to an external clock for noise sensitive applications, gate drivers capable of driving large N-channel MOSFETs, a precision undervoltage lockout, 10μA shutdown current, short-circuit protection and a programmable soft-start.
The LT3845 is available in a 16-lead thermally enhanced TSSOP package and 16-pin through hole N package.
|LT3845A||Improved Performance In Over Current Conditions|
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1073A||LT3845EFE Demo Board | 20V < Vin < 55V, Vout: 12V/6.25A.||$150.00|
- 12V and 42V Automotive and Heavy Equipment
- 48V Telecom Power Supplies
- Avionics and Industrial Control Systems
- Distributed Power Converters
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3845A - High Voltage Synchronous Current Mode Step-Down Controller with Adjustable Operating Frequency
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3891 - Low IQ, 60V Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3810 - 100V Current Mode Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3800 - High-Voltage Synchronous Current Mode Step-Down Controller
- LTC4000-1 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging with Maximum Power Point Control
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
The LTpowerCAD II design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: