LT3825 - Isolated No-Opto Synchronous Flyback Controller with Wide Input Supply Range
- Senses Output Voltage Directly from Primary Side Winding—No Opto-Isolator Required
- Synchronous Driver for High Efficiency
- Input Voltage Limited Only by External Power Components
- Accurate Output Regulation without User Trims
- Switching Frequency from 50kHz to 250kHz
- Load Compensation
- Programmable Undervoltage Lockout
- Available in a Thermally Enhanced 16-Lead TSSOP Package
The LT3825 is an isolated switching regulator controller designed for medium power flyback topologies. A typical application is 10W to 60W with input voltage limited onlyby external power path components. A third transformer winding provides output voltage feedback.
The LT3825 is a current mode controller that regulates output voltage based on sensing secondary voltage via a transformer winding during flyback. This allows for tight output regulation without the use of an opto-isolator,improving dynamic response and reliability. Synchronous rectification increases converter efficiency and improves output cross regulation in multiple output converters.
The LT3825 operates in forced continuous conduction mode which improves cross regulation in multiple winding applications.Switching frequency is user programmable and can be externally synchronized. The part also has load compensation, undervoltage lockout and soft-start circuity.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1143A||LT3825EFE Demo Board | Synchronous Isolated Flyback, 36V ≤ Vin ≤ 72V, Vout: 3.3V @ 6A||Contact Factory|
|DC894A-A||LT3825EFE Demo Board I Synchronous Flyback Converter, Vin=36V-72V, Vout=3.3V@12A||$150.00|
|DC894B-C||LT3825EFE Demo Board | Isolated, 36V ≤ VIN ≤ 72V, VOUT = 12V @ 5A||$150.00|
|DC894C-B||LT3825EFE Isolated Demo Board | Sync Flyback Controller, 36V ≤ VIN ≤ 72V; VOUT = 5V @ 8A||$150.00|
|DC894C-C||LT3825EFE Isolated Demo Board | Sync No Opto Flyback Controller, 36V ≤ VIN ≤ 72V; VOUT = 12V @ 5A||$150.00|
|DC950A-A||LT3825EFE Demo Board | Isolated Synchronous Flyback, 36V ≤ Vin ≤ 72V, Vout: 5V/2A, 3.3V/3A, 2.5V/3A||$150.00|
- Isolated Medium Power (10W to 60W) Supplies
- Isolated Telecom, Medical Converters
- Instrumentation Power Supplies
- Isolated Power over Ethernet Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
- LT3798 - Isolated No Opto-Coupler Flyback Controller with Active PFC
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT8300 - 100VIN Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with 150V/260mA Switch
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3958 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Converter
- LT8302 - 42VIN Micropower No-Opto Isolated Flyback Converter with 65V/3.6A Switch
- LT3575 - Isolated Flyback Converter without an Opto-Coupler
- LT3573 - Isolated Flyback Converter without an Opto-Coupler
- LT3837 - Isolated No-Opto Synchronous Flyback Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: