LT3800 - High-Voltage Synchronous Current Mode Step-Down Controller
- Wide 4V to 60V Input Voltage Range
- Output Voltages up to 36V
- Adaptive Nonoverlap Circuitry Prevents Switch Shoot-Through
- Reverse Inductor Current Inhibit for Discontinuous Operation Improves Efficiency with Light Loads
- Output Slew Rate Controlled Soft-Start with Auto-Reset
- 100µA No Load Quiescent Current
- Low 10µA Current Shutdown
- 1% Regulation Accuracy
- 200kHz Operating Frequency
- Standard Gate N-Channel Power MOSFETs
- Current Limit Unaffected by Duty Cycle
- Reverse Overcurrent Protection
- 16-Lead Thermally Enhanced TSSOP Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
DescriptionThe LT3800 is a 200kHz fixed frequency high voltage synchronous current mode step-down switching regulator controller. The IC drives standard gate N-channel power MOSFETs and can operate with input voltages from 4V to 60V. An onboard regulator provides IC power directly from VIN and provides for output-derived power to minimize VIN quiescent current. MOSFET drivers employ an internal dynamic bootstrap feature, maximizing gate-source "ON" voltages during normal operation for improved operating efficiencies. The LT3800 incorporates Burst Mode operation, which reduces no load quiescent current to under 100µA. Light load efficiencies are also improved through a reverse inductor current inhibit, allowing the controller to support discontinuous operation. Both Burst Mode operation and the reverse-current inhibit features can be disabled if desired. The LT3800 incorporates a programmable soft-start that directly controls the voltage slew rate of the converter output for reduced startup surge currents and overshoot errors. The LT3800 is available in a 16-lead thermally enhanced TSSOP package.
Protected by U.S. Patents, including 5481178, 6611131, 6304066, 6498466, 6580258.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC720A||LT3800EFE Demo Board | Vin = 20V to 55V, Vout = 12V @ 6.25A||$150.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- 12V and 42V Automotive and Heavy Equipment
- 48V Telecom Power Supplies
- Avionics and Industrial Control Systems
- Distributed Power Converters
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3810 - 100V Current Mode Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LTC3891 - Low IQ, 60V Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LTC3703 - 100V Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3845A - High Voltage Synchronous Current Mode Step-Down Controller with Adjustable Operating Frequency
- LT3844 - High Voltage, Current Mode Switching Regulator Controller with Programmable Operating Frequency
- LTC3824 - High Voltage Step-Down Controller With 40µA Quiescent Current
- LTC3864 - 60V Low IQ Step-Down DC/DC Controller with 100% Duty Cycle Capability
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3724 - High Voltage, Current Mode Switching Regulator Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: