LT3799 - Offline Isolated Flyback LED Controller with Active PFC
- Isolated PFC LED Driver with Minimum Number of External Components
- TRIAC Dimmable
- VIN and VOUT Limited Only by External Components
- Active Power Factor Correction (Typical PFC > 0.97)
- Low Harmonic Content
- No Opto-Coupler Required
- Accurate Regulated LED Current (±5% Typical)
- Open LED and Shorted LED Protection
- Thermally Enhanced 16-lead MSOP Package
The LT3799 is an isolated flyback controller with power factor correction specifically designed for driving LEDs. The controller operates using critical conduction mode allowing the use of a small transformer. Using a novel current sensing scheme, the controller is able to deliver a well regulated current to the secondary side without using an opto-coupler. A strong gate driver is included to drive an external high voltage MOSFET. Utilizing an onboard multiplier, the LT3799 typically achieves power factors of 0.97. The FAULT pin provides notification of open and short LED conditions.
The LT3799 uses a micropower hysteretic start-up to efficiently operate at offline input voltages, with a third winding to provide power to the part. An internal LDO provides a well regulated supply for the part’s internal circuitry and gate driver.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1595A||LT3799 Demo Board - Offline Isolated Flyback Controller with PFC - Universal Input, VOUT(NOM) = 20V, I LED = 1A||$150.00|
|DC1744A||LT3799EMSE Demo Board u 90V VIN 270V, VOUT= 1A at ~ 4V||$150.00|
|DC1775A||LT3799 Demo Board - Offline Isolated Flyback Controller with PFC - Universal Input, VOUT(NOM) = 28V, I LED = 0.5A||$175.00|
- Offline 4W to 100W+ LED Applications
- High DC VIN LED Applications
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3798 - Isolated No Opto-Coupler Flyback Controller with Active PFC
- LT3799-1 - Offline Isolated Flyback LED Controller with Active PFC
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - uModule Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: